Lord of the Rings 4WD Tour (Half-Day)
An adventure safari packed with breathtaking scenery, thrilling 4WD action whilst discovering LOTR filming locations. Visit the filming locations of Minas Tirith, Misty Mountains, the Pillars of the Kings (Argonath), Gladden Fields, the Ford of Bruinen and more. Travel an historic gold mining road, following the Arrow River, stop for an opportunity to try your hand at gold panning. Take in the spectacular panoramic views over the Wakatipu Basin.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by 4WD vehicle with your driver/guide
- Gold panning
- Selected Queenstown Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
Travelling part way up Queenstown hill you get a birds eye view onto Lake Wakatipu and Deer Park Heights, which was used for the refugees of Rohan and the Battle of the Wargs scenes.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Kawarau River, New Zealand
Head to the Kawarau Gorge where the filming took place for the Argonath, or Pillars of the Kings.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Arrow River, Queenstown New Zealand
Following a historic gold mining road up the Arrow River you will cross the river many times to get to the Ford of Bruinen. At this point you can indulge in morning or afternoon tea and try your hand at a spot of gold panning.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Skippers Canyon, Skippers Road, Queenstown 9371, New Zealand
Travel to the entrance of Skippers Canyon where you will be offered spectacular panoramic views of the Wakatipu Basin and into Skippers Canyon.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :37 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- min 2 per tour for confirmed departure, min 4 on NZ public holidays
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.