Lord of the Rings Scenic Half Day Tour
Take a journey with us deep into Middle Earth and explore unique Lord of the Rings filming locations from Queenstown to Glenorchy and Mt Aspiring World Heritage N.P.
Feel the trilogy come to life as you visit the breathtaking and magical landscape that inspired Peter Jackson’s film locations for The Lord of the Rings movies.
We are the only company with EXCLUSIVE ACCESS to the filming locations on Arcadia Station, where scenes from the Hobbit & Wolverine were filmed.
Travel in small groups with local guides who have a real passion and knowledge of the area. Take in the diverse landscape of ancient beech forest, braided rivers and glacier carved valleys.
Explore the unique flora and fauna and get up close to the New Zealand animals and birdlife.
We are a Local family owned & operated tour company that offer the real experience. Operating since 2005!
We are one of the few companies that hold Department of Conservation Concessionaire permits to access Mt Aspiring National park.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Free Delicious morning or afternoon picnic to satisfy a hungry hobbit!
- Central Queenstown hotel pick up/ drop off
- Umbrellas provided
- Professional, friendly & local guides
- Live Commentary
- Optional Lord of the Rings costumes/ replica swords
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Exclusive access to the Arcadia Station Filming locations in the Paradise valley!
- Entry/Admission - Twelve Mile Delta to Bob's Cove Track
- Entry/Admission - Mount Aspiring
- Entry/Admission - Isengard Lookout
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown New Zealand
Tour as our guest from Queenstown on one of the Top 10 scenic drives in the world up the Glenorchcy road to visit epic scenery and Lord Of The Rings filming locations.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Bennets Bluff Lookout, Mount Creighton 9371 New Zealand
The most scenic lookout in New Zealand
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Twelve Mile Delta to Bob's Cove Track, Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown 9371 New Zealand
Very relaxed nature walk to a LOTR filming location over 12 mile canyon foot bridge.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Glenorchy Wharf, 4 Islay Street, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
Take some free time to visit one of the most photographed sheds in New Zealand and walk out over the Wharf at the top of lake Wakatipu to spot Trout and Salmon swimming, Swans feeding and the amazing scenery across to the Humboldt ranges
Enjoy our complementary picnic with assortment of sweet and savory snacks along with Tea Coffee and refreshments.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount Aspiring New Zealand
We are a Department of Conservation Concessionaire holder and our permits allow our Tours enter and stop in Mt Aspiring National Park to access this ancient forest and visit the actual filming locations from Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, Xmen Origins Wolverene, Chronicles of Narnie and more. View up the Dart and Routeburn Valleys.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Isengard Lookout, Glenorchy-Routeburn Rd, Glenorchy 9372 New Zealand
Stand in the Dart Valley and look at the stunning landscape that opened up thousands of years ago!!!20 years ago Peter Jackson choose this location for Isengard in the epic saga The Lord of the Rings.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :The Station - Home of Shotover Jet in Queenstown, Corner of Shotover & Camp Streets, 25 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Our main pick up location in central Queenstown is outside The Station Building Information Centre on the CAMP STREET side. Please meet us here if your accommodation is a short walk, due to traffic congestion in town.We can also pick up at some Queenstown central Hotels. Please email us with the name of your hotel :)
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.