Lord of the Rings Tour and Dart River Jet Full-Day Tour
In the morning, travel to locations used for filming the Lord of the Rings trilogy around Queenstown. You can see and experience some of the spectacular landscapes featured in the films such as Ithilien, Isengard, Lothlorien and Amon Hen.
Our knowledgeable guides will share information about each location and help uncover the secrets behind how each area was transformed into Middle Earth and let you relive the action for your own camera.
Lunch break in Glenorchy (feel free to bring your own if you prefer).
In the afternoon, you’ll experience a unique combination of breath-taking scenery and an exhilarating ride as we follow the braided, glacier-fed rivers by jet boat.
Your guides give you their authentic touch, talking about the area’s rich history, the Greenstone trail and countless Maori legends. It’s a complete Queenstown to Glenorchy experience in an untouched natural wonderland.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Twelve Mile Delta to Bob's Cove Track
- Entry/Admission - Routeburn Track
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Twelve Mile Delta to Bob's Cove Track, Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown 9371 New Zealand
After a short walk in native vegetation you will be able to explore the Ithilien region from LOTR.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bennets Bluff Lookout, Mount Creighton 9371 New Zealand
Enjoy the amazing scenery from the "Million Dollar View" lookout.
With clear sky it's possible to admire Mt Earnslaw and the surrounding mountains of the Mt Aspiring National Park.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Pikirakatahi / Mount Earnslaw, Otago 9372, New Zealand
Walk in the native beech forest at the base of Mt Earnslaw (Mt Caradhras) where Amon Hen and Lothlorien scenes where shot.
Reach the Paradise Valley and check our collection of weaponry replicas from the movies.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Glenorchy, Glenorchy, Otago Region, South Island
You will have free time for lunch and to look around this small and beautiful town.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Routeburn Track, Routeburn Road, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
In the afternoon, embark on a powerful jetboat and enjoy the ride along the braided, glacier-fed Dart River!
Experience breath-taking sceneries, learn about the area’s rich history, the Greenstone trail and countless Maori legends.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :The Station Building Duke Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with mobility impairment
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.