Lyttelton Cruise Excursions: Christchurch Sightseeing with Sheep Farm
Visit a working sheep farm with dog mustering, sheep shearing and morning or afternoon tea combined with a city tour of Christchurch taking in not only the damage to the city by several earthquakes in 2010 and 2011, but also the rebuild currently taking place with its remaining historic landmarks and the existing beauty of this picturesque city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Experience rural New Zealand with a sheep farm tour. Watch the sheepdogs round up the sheep ready to shear, with morning or afternoon tea in the woolshed.
You will learn about the different sheep breeds and their wool and how the wool is packed and graded. You will also enjoy some fine home baking!
On your return to Christchurch you will be given a brief tour of the city centre once with its historic buildings and architecture now heavily destroyed and badly damaged by the Earthquake hitting the city in February 2011. With rebuilding underway, you will be able to see the cities new architecture, beautiful gardens and scenic view points on a half-day city tour of Christchurch. Wander the Monavale Gardens with its pretty ponds and water features, visit the botanical gardens in the central city and the seaside suburb of Sumner. Travel to the Sign of the Takahe to admire the spectacular views over the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps.
• Experience a real working Canterbury Sheep farm
• Sheep Dogs at work
• Sheep Shearing
• Morning or Afternoon Tea
• Central Christchurch including the badly earthquake damaged city centre
• Stops for photo opportunities at all the key destinations
This sightseeing option of Christchurch is designed for cruise ship passengers.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Lyttelton Port. Meeting instructions will be sent to you upon booking.Dates: See AvailabilityReturn point: Returns to original departure point at 12.30 pm and 4.30pm depending on whether it's a morning or afternoon tour. This ensures that you will arrive at your cruise ship before departure.Ports
- Lyttelton Port Company Limited, Cashin Quay, 2, Lyttelton 8082, New Zealand
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.