Lyttelton Shore Excursion: Christchurch Sightseeing with Antarctic Center
Combine the International Antarctic Centre with its little Blue Penguins, Antarctic Storm in the Ice and Snow room, 4-D Movie and Hagglund ride over a purpose made course, together with a half day city tour of Christchurch taking in not only the damage to the city by several earthquakes in 2010 and 2011 and the rebuild currently taking place but also the remaining historic landmarks and the existing beauty of this picturesque city.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Experience the grand architecture, beautiful gardens and scenic view points on a half-day city tour of Christchurch.
Wander the Monavale Gardens with pretty ponds and water features, drive through the city center once with its historic buildings and architecture now heavily destroyed and badly damaged by the Earthquake hitting the city in February 2011. See for yourself both the destruction of the central city and the rebuild that is taking place.
You will visit the botanical gardens in the central city and the seaside suburb of Sumner. Travel to the Sign of the Takahe to admire the spectacular views over the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps.
The tour then moves on to The International Antarctic Centre. This features a recreation of the atmosphere of Antarctica with a snow and ice experience, the blue penguin encounter, a 4-D Movie experience and an exhilarating Hagglund ride.
The Penguins held here are birds that have been rescued and cared for, some since they were chicks. Due to physical disabilities that have left them defenceless, many of them would not have survived on their own back in the wild.
• Central Christchurch including the badly earthquake damaged city centre
• Christchurch Botanical Gardens
• Mona Vale House and Gardens
• Sign of the Takahe with magnificent view over the entire city from the coastline to the mountains
• Port Hills and Lyttelton Harbour
• Sumner Beach and township
• Admission to the International Antarctic Centre
• Little Blue Penguin viewing and Hagglund Ride
• Stops for photo opportunities at all the key destinations
• This sightseeing option of Christchurch is designed for cruise ship passengers.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Lyttelton Port. Meeting instructions will be sent to you upon booking.Dates: See AvailabilityReturn point: Returns to original departure point at 3.30pm. This ensures that you will arrive at your cruise ship before departure.Ports
- Lyttelton Port Company Limited, Cashin Quay, 2, Lyttelton 8082, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.