Mangatainoka Hot Springs
Visit unique NZ bush environment away from the hordes on the Great Walks or Tongariro Crossing. Visit true kiwi hot pools with your knowledgeable guide. Very likely to see rare blue duck (whio) on Mohaka River (which is a leading brown and rainbow trout catchment).
Learn about pest eradication and bush management with optional practical involvement.
Refer for more information.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Lunch - All food to be supplied by visitor
- Dinner - All food to be provided by visitor
- Breakfast - All food to be provided by visitor
- All hiking equipment to be supplied by visitor unless by prior arrangement
Hike along Mohaka River to Te Puia Lodge (approx. 3hrs); set up at Lodge for night, walk on to Hot Pools and return same way or via Makino Trig and Hut if preferred. Fishing options along Mohaka River. Further Hot Pools at start of track.
Departure Point :60 Marine Parade, Bluff Hill, Napier 4110, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up anywhere within Hawkes BayAirports
- Hawkes Bay Airport, Napier New Zealand
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/6/2019 - 10/28/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.