Marlborough Wine Region Tour from the Port of Picton
Enjoy a 4-5 hour fun tour with a local chauffeur/guide departing from the Port of Picton with a scenic journey to the Marlborough Wine region. Taste award winning local wines, delicious gourmet treats and view stunning landscapes as you travel from place to place.
Each cellar door offers unique styles and of course some famous Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir. There is time to visit 3-4 wineries on your tour.
Savour local cuisine in a winery garden café or enjoy a wine with a cheese, meat, seafood platter overlooking the stunning Wairau Valley.
Returning to Picton in plenty of time for your ships scheduled departure you might like to include a short return drive to see spectacular views from a great look out of Picton Port, your ship and the sparkling Queen Charlotte Sound.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Port pickup and drop-off at designated point
- Basic wine tasting fees
- Bottled water
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Omaka Air Museum entrance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Queen Charlotte Sound, Queen Charlotte Walk, Picton New Zealand
As part of the options for this tour a scenic driver around the Bays of the Pelorus and Queen Charlotte Sound is a favourite draw card to everyone. A stop for a light snack or lunch of local seafood or other - could be green lip mussels in white wine or local salmon.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Makana Confections, Corner of Rapaura Road and O'Dwyer's Road, Blenheim 7273 New Zealand
Experience gourmet treats of cheese tasting, manuka honey, oils, liqueurs, a refreshing gelato or decadent fudge. If time allows you can also request a stop at the Omaka Air Museum where you can view Peter Jackson’s amazing displays of his classic aircraft. The tour can continue and your chauffeur/guide will return in approximately one hour to pick you up from the Air Museum.
Seasonal produce is also available at roadside stalls from December through to February. You can take these aboard but must eat them before you disembark. You can buy juicy strawberries, cherries, apricots, and nectarines.
Although your cruise ship caters well for you, a light tapas or cheese/meat/seafood platter with matching wines is a great way to experience the local cuisine. Your tour guide arranges a picturesque winery garden or a chateau high on a hill with magnificent views for your pleasure.
Generally tours are from 4-5 hours but we keep flexibility in schedules for each ship and cater for passengers comfort and requirements. You travel in comfortable, small personal vehicles of 6 or 11 seats and will return to your ship at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure.
Before leaving Blenheim you can visit the Makana Boutique Chocolate Confections – a treat not to be missed.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Saint Clair Family Estate Vineyard Kitchen, 13 Selmes Road Rd3, Blenheim 7273 New Zealand
Wine tasting here for award winning wines and not limited to one winery but can visit up to four great Marlborough wineries and stops for delicious gourmet treats.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
At the conclusion of your tour, you will be returned to the bus shuttle stop at the Picton Visitors Centre at least two hours before your ship's departure. Your tour guide will also know the time for the last shuttle. Small Ships (less than 1000 pax) docking at Waitohi Wharf may not have bus shuttle option and your chauffeur can drop you off at the Wharf gate - 30 seconds walk from your ship. Alternatively we may be able to return you back directly to the ship. Ports
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Your tour guide offers mini tour vans of 11 and 9 seats plus six seat private vehicles
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Your guide will offer health and safety briefing before getting out of the vehicle at each venue or activity as they could have specific requirements that this guide will apply. If possible we will all stay together in our social distancing group and sanitiser will be taken with us at all times.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.