Matakana Coastal Getaway from Auckland
Visit the picturesque wine region of Matakana. Just an hour north of Auckland you can see native forest and giant tree ferns. See an 850 year old Kauri tree and sample wine, chocolate and flora honeys on the way.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Wine tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off or Port pickup
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- • Head North over the Auckland harbour bridge taking in views of the city Skyline Marinas and Waitemata Harbour. Track North through the beautiful coastal seaside resort towns of Orewa and Waiwera Mineral Springs.
• Stop in at the Puhoi Cheese Factory to taste some delicious cheeses made by this excellent producer. They make double and triple cream Brie, soft and wash rind cheeses, three different blue cheeses as well as Harvarti, Gouda, Gruyere, goat and Cow Feta and a vintage 4 year aged cheddar.
• Start your wine tasting at Ascension Vineyard. They produce locally grown varieties like Flora, Chardonnay, Viognier, Pinotage and Tannat as well as Methode Traditionelle.
• Sees a rare 850 year old Kauri tree. The wood from these ancient trees was turned in colonial New Zealand cottages , villas, mansions, churches as well as early sailing sea vessels from around 1860.. They are New Zealand’s most revered native tree. The oldest one in New Zealand is in the Waipoua forest dating approximately 2,500 years old.
• Next enjoy a tutored tasting and an open menu one course lunch with a glass of wine at award winning Plume Vineyard Restaurant. Try the outstanding “Runner Duck” Wines all produced from their local vineyards. Syrah, Pinotage and Sangiovese, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris and Rose’ wines make up the list.
• In the afternoon visit stuning Tawharanui regional park for magnificent views of Little Barrier Island, Coromandel and the Hauraki Gulf. This park is a Kiwi and rare bird sanctuary and is fully protected.
• Finally try some locally made chocolate samples from “Chocolate Brown” in Warkworth town. Try three different chocolate praline sample halves. This chocolate company makes an enormous range of hand made world class pralines, and fudges from curvature they source from around world.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We collect from all major hotels and most accommodations in the Auckland Central Business District (CBD)
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.