Mauao Cultural Walk
Mt Maunganui boasts a well-loved mountain, named Mauao, seeped in history and culture. Join us in a walk through time with our local guides. Take in the stunning views of Mt Maunganui, hear the compelling Maori legends, and immerse yourself in the tranquil surroundings.
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Sun screen
- Bottled water
- Rain ponchos
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Snacks - Feast from our sampler spread supplied by Mag's Fresh Fish, a longstanding local restaurant and fresh seafood supplier. Sample the delicacies we commonly enjoy her in Mt Maunganui.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: East Coast Paddler, 169 Maunganui Road, Bay of Plenty 3116, New Zealand
Our headquarters is based at the Mauao Adventure Hub, where you will end the session with some beverages and a sampler spread supplied by Mag's Fresh Fish, a longstanding local restaurant and fresh seafood supplier. We also have locally designed Maori art, clothing and souvenirs to purchase.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty 3116, New Zealand
Mauao is an iconic landmark and traversing its 3.4km base track is New Zealand’s single most popular walk. We have plenty of time to enjoy the crashing ocean waves, stunning views and compelling stories told by our local guides. Mauao was once a Maori pa site. Ask our guides more about pre-European Mauao.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Matakana Island, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
View Matakana Island from Mauao. An island rich with history and a welcoming sight to the Tauranga Harbour. Ask our guides about life on "The Island".
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Mt Maunganui Main Beach, Marine Parade, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga New Zealand
This is the ultimate spot to swim, surf and sunbathe and this glorious stretch of golden sand has been voted the best beach in the country. In fact, visitors have also ranked it the second best beach in the South Pacific and among the top 25 beaches in the world according to Trip Advisor.
Pass By: Mount Hot Pools, 9 Adams Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116 New Zealand
These salt water hot pools are iconic in Mt Maunganui. Ask our guides for a discount voucher to soak your feet and body after your walking experience.
Departure Point :1 Adams Avenue, Bay of Plenty 3116, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Tauranga, from the Port of Tauranga cruise gates, and our Mauao Adventure Hub, or you can meet us on site at the base of Mauao, Pilot Bay, Mt Maunganui. Ports
- Port of Tauranga
Return Detail :East Coast Paddler, 169 Maunganui Road, Bay of Plenty 3116, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 40 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.