Milford Sound Cruise from Queenstown or Te Anau
An extended and leisurely cruise of Milford Sound to the Tasman Sea on a cruise designed for the free, independent traveler. Nature cruises have a relaxed and flexible itinerary designed to allow guests to see and experience what makes Milford Sound world renowned. Spend around two hours nudging into waterfalls, spotting wildlife and listening to the informative commentary from our specialist Nature Guide who mingles with guests. Keep a look out for wildlife including seals, dolphins and penguins.
If you wish to pre-purchase a picnic lunch, please contact the supplier directly after making your booking.
The coach travel from Queenstown is around 5 hours and around 2.5 from Te Anau (one way). The cruise is 2 hours long.
Please note, the cruise will take place on board a wide selection of purpose built Real Journeys boats.
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Hot drinks
- Live commentary on board (English only) - interpretation handouts available in German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Thai
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (from Queenstown and Te Anau departures if option is selected)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Free WIFI (on coach, where there is reception)
- Entry/Admission - Lake Te Anau
- Entry/Admission - Eglinton Valley
- Entry/Admission - Mirror Lakes Walk
- Entry/Admission - Milford Sound
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch (but available at extra cost)
Pass By: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
Board a luxury coach in Queenstown and travel along the shores of Lake Wakatipu and through rolling countryside to Te Anau.
Stop At: Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
After a short break in Te Anau the coach will continue along the spectacular alpine route of the Milford Road through impressive, awe-inspiring scenery.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Your coach journey will take you on a scenic drive through the beautiful Fiordland National Park.
Stop At: Eglinton Valley, 6202, Southland 9679, New Zealand
Enjoy a photo stop at the amazing Eglington Valley on your journey along the Milford Road.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Mirror Lakes Walk, Milford Road,, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Take a short walk past the Mirror Lakes, where, on a clear day the mountains can be seen perfectly reflected in the water.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
Journey through the mountains via the Homer Tunnel, bringing you out at Milford Sound.
Stop At: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
On reaching Milford Sound you will join a leisurely cruise of Milford Sound to the Tasman Sea.
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
Pass By: Mitre Peak, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Cruise past the impressive Mitre Peak whilst looking out for wildlife and enjoying an informative commentary from your onboard nature guide.
Departure Point :1: Real Journeys Visitor Centre, 85 Lakefront Drive, Te Anau 9640, New Zealand
2: 37 Camp Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions
- Please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infants must still be allocated a ticket
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 135 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Government regulations strictly adhered to. Covid Tracing App QR Code displayed- for those not using the app there is a paper sign-in sheet.