Milford Sound Cruise with Optional Bus Tour
Admire the spectacular sights of Milford Sound on a scenic cruise aboard a modern, spacious and comfortable catamaran.
Look out for dolphins, seals and penguins against a backdrop of cascading waterfalls and a luxuriant rainforest as you marvel at one of the world’s most incredible natural wonders
Visit the open top deck for unlimited 360 degree views and photo opportunities, or choose a beverage from the on board bar during Happy Half Hour.
Take the opportunity to meet the skipper in the open wheelhouse, or if you're feeling adventurous, join the friendly crew for a free glacial shower as the boat noses under Stirling Falls.
Choose to self drive and meet at the pier or take an optional bus tour from Queenstown or Te Anau through Fiordland National Park to Milford Sound.
per adult from
90 to 720 minutes
What's included :
- 1.5-hour sightseeing cruise
- Complimentary tea and hot water
- Live commentary on board
- Air Conditioned Coach (if coach tour selected)
What's excluded :
- Lunch, snacks, drinks, and coffee (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fiordland National Park, Fiordland National Park, Southland Region, South Island
Settle into a comfortable seat as you join what is one of New Zealand's most stunning scenic drives along the Milford highway, through the Eglington Valley and into Fiordland National Park.
Numerous stops are made for photos and short nature walks, encountering native wildlife, stunning natural rain forest, and glacier carved Alpine vistas.
Cross the halfway point between the equator and the South Pole, see stunning views over Hollyford Valley and the Darran Mountains before entering the Homer Tunnel and descending into lush rainforest canyons. You will also see majestic views of Mt Tutoko, the highest and most glaciated peak in Fiordland National Park.
If coach option is selected, our experienced driver guides will share their knowledge on local myths, legends, flora and fauna as well as personal stories and anecdotes relating to this world heritage area.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Milford Sound, Milford Sound, Southland Region, South Island
Climb aboard a modern and spacious catamaran, Maiden of Milford, and immerse yourself in some of the world’s most breathtaking scenery.
Enjoy luxuriant rain forests and close up viewing of waterfalls and seals over three viewing decks (inside and out).
The cruise travels the length of Milford Sound and out to the Tasman Sea where we can show passengers why Captain Cook failed to discover Milford Sound after charting all the other fiords of Fiordland National Park.
During the cruise stops you'll see New Zealand Fur seals basking on rocks and feel the spray of towering waterfalls dropping into the fiord. Dolphins are sometimes seen when they visit the fiord, and between August and early December you may catch of a glimpse of the rare Fiordland Crest Penguin.
Our famously friendly skipper and crew are on hand to share their wealth of local secrets, assist in those all important photos, and to join you for a shower underneath the pristine Stirling Falls!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: JUCY Cruise Milford Sound, Milford Sound Visitor Centre (Terminal and Boat Harbour), Milford Sound Highway, Milford 9679, New Zealand
2: Athol Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
3: Kiwi Country, 63 Town Centre, Te Anau 9600, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up for the QUEENSTOWN coach tour is available from certain bus stops in Queenstown and along the Frankton Road.YOU WILL NEED TO CONFIRM YOUR PICK UP LOCATION AND TIME WITH THE OPERATORThe central pick up in Te Anau is the bus stop at Kiwi Country Cafe, Miro Street, Te Anau.YOU WILL NEED TO CONFIRM YOUR PICK UP LOCATION AND TIME WITH THE OPERATOR
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.