Milford Sound Experience Full Day from Queenstown
Milford Sound is arguably the most scenic destination in New Zealand and a must-see for any traveller. Whether seen in sunshine or rain, the incredible views are guaranteed to leave you awe-struck. This is a small group tour for travellers seeking an all-inclusive, uniquely-kiwi, personalized trip to Milford Sound.
We keep things personal using our fleet of modern Mercedes vans. Enjoy your journey with no more than 16 people, in a vehicle with luxury features such as leather seats, panoramic scenic windows, Wi-Fi and Spotify playlists.
Let your Altitude Tours guide entertain and amaze you with their in-depth knowledge of the area, as we travel from Queenstown through Te Anau and into the Fiordland National Park on the famous Milford Road. Enjoy many scenic photo-stops at both famous locations, as well as our guide's favourite off-the-beaten-track spots.
Enjoy a picnic lunch on a 2-hour small uncrowded cruise while taking in the incredible beauty that Milford Sound has to offer!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up from select Queenstown based accommodations
- 2-Hour nature cruise on Milford Sound.
- Knowledgable and friendly local driver/guides
- Off-the-beaten track scenic photo stops en route
- Lunch - Picnic Lunch
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Milford Sound
What's excluded :
- Additional Snacks (we provide lunch, but it is a long day)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
Lake Wakatipu is an inland lake in the South Island of New Zealand. It is in the southwest corner of the Otago region, near its boundary with Southland. Lake Wakatipu comes from the original Māori word Whakatipu wai-māori
Stop At: Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Lake Te Anau is in the southwestern corner of the South Island of New Zealand. The lake covers an area of 344 km², making it the second-largest lake by surface area in New Zealand and the largest in the South Island. It is the largest lake in Australasia by fresh water volume.
Stop At: Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Upon entering the Fiordland National Park, the largest National Park in NZ, travel up alongside the Eglington River to three mountain lakes at the head of the Eglington Valley. During this part of the journey, you will make the first of our many sightseeing stops, including, Mirror Lakes, Knobs Flat, Lake Gunn and Pop's View, plus some of our guide other favourites. which also allow for some great photo opportunities. With some fantastic walks in the area, this is a great opportunity to experience the beautiful alpine forest up close.
Head towards the Homer Tunnel, taking in some incredible mountain views while driving alongside the crystal clear waters of the Hollyford river. Once through the Homer Tunnel, you'll wind the way down the Cleddau Valley.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Eglinton Valley, Milford Sound New Zealand
See the picturesque Eglinton Valley
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Mirror Lakes Walk, Milford Road,, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Enjoy a beautiful short nature walk and view the famous Mirror Lakes
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
The Homer Tunnel is a 1.2 km long road tunnel in the Fiordland region of the South Island of New Zealand, opened in 1953. New Zealand State Highway 94 passes through the tunnel, linking Milford Sound to Te Anau and Queenstown, by piercing the Darran Mountain range at the Homer Saddle
Stop At: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
Milford Sound is a fiord in the southwest of New Zealand’s South Island. It’s known for towering Mitre Peak, plus rainforests and waterfalls like Stirling and Bowen falls, which plummet down its sheer sides. The fiord is home to fur seal colonies, penguins and dolphins. Enjoy a 2-hour small boat cruise on the Sound, heading out to the Tasman Sea. Get up close to some of the impressive waterfalls and witness spectacular views as you cruise through this iconic location.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Additional Pick ups:- Fernhill Hotels (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)- Arthurs Point Hotel (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)- Rydges Bus Stop, Lake Esplanade (For Rydges Resort, QT Queenstown, and Peppers Beacon)- Queenstown Hotels (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)- Central Queenstown (Please meet the us outside Base Backpackers, 49 Shotover Street)- Amber Lodge, 1 Gorge Rd (For Gorge Rd, Henry St, and Turner St accomodations)- Cnr Cemetery Rd & Brecon St (For Lakeview Holiday Park, The Dairy, Browns Boutique)- Upper Stanley Street Bus Stop, Stanley St (For Heartland Hotel, Blue Peaks, Caples Court, Four Seasons and Scenic suites)- Millennium Hotel Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Millennium Hotel, Melbourne Lodge, Hurley's, Autoline Motel)- Pounamu Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Swiss Belsuites, Colonial Village, Villa del Lago, Oaks Club)- Hensman Rd / Oaks Shores Bus Stop (For The Rees, Oaks Shores, Andrews Rd, and Hensman Rd)- Sherwood Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Sherwood, Holiday Inn, Goldfield Heights)- Battery Hill Bus Stop, Frankton Rd- Perkins Rd Bus Stop, Frankton Rd- Marina Drive Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Mantra Marina)- Frankton Bus Shelter, Cnr of Gray Street & Kawarau RdIf your accommodation is not listed, please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please bring walking shoes, warm clothes and rain jacket
- Please be aware that this is a full day excursion (up to 13 hours) due to road distances.
- Minimum numbers of 6 apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A picnic lunch is included and you have a choice between chicken, beef and vegetarian and you have until 6pm the day prior to confirm your choice. The default lunch selection is chicken.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.