Milford Sound Experience Full Day Tour from Queenstown with Scenic Flight
Milford Sound is arguably the most scenic destination in New Zealand, and a must-see for any traveler. Whether seen in sunshine or rain, the incredible views are guaranteed to leave you awe-struck. This is a small group tour for travelers seeking an all-inclusive, uniquely-kiwi, personalized trip to Milford Sound.
Travel in unparalleled style and comfort in a fully air-conditioned luxury Mercedes van fully equipped with WIFI, large panoramic windows and leather reclining seats so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the stunning scenery.
On the journey to Milford Sound, explore the quaint lakeside town of Te Anau and stop to enjoy the amazing array of scenery and photo opportunities Fiordland has to offer.
Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch on our small uncrowded cruise while taking in the incredible beauty that Fiordland and Milford Sound have to offer!
After your cruise, board a once in a lifetime scenic flight back to Queenstown.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off (at select Queenstown accommodations)
- Local Driver/Guide.
- Scenic Cruise on Milford Sound.
- Sightseeing Stops with opportunities for short bush walks.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - Picnic Lunch
- Breathtaking scenic flight from Milford Sound returning to Queenstown
- Entry/Admission - Mitre Peak
What's excluded :
- Additional Snacks (we provide lunch, but it is a long day)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
Lake Wakatipu is an inland lake in the South Island of New Zealand. It is in the southwest corner of the Otago region, near its boundary with Southland. Lake Wakatipu comes from the original Māori word Whakatipu wai-māori
Stop At: Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
The Fiordland National Park is located in the southwest corner of New Zealand's South Island.
It is the largest of New Zealand’s 14 national parks and the seventh largest in the world with an area of 12,500km2 (4826.3sq miles) The Fiordland National Park forms a large part of the Te Wahipounamu World Heritage site. During the cooler ice age periods of the past, glaciers have carved out many deep fjords, and glacial valleys.
Stop At: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
Finish your day to Milford Sound with an unforgettable scenic flight back to Queenstown. Flights are by fixed wing aircraft and take approx. 40 mins.
The scenic fly is a truly awe-inspiring way to complete your trip to Milford Sound, and also provides a view of Milford Sound and it's surrounds that you couldn't possibly see any other way!
Upon arrival back to Queenstown, a complimentary hotel drop off service is provided.
We guarantee this is a trip you will never forget!
Stop At: Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Lake Te Anau is in the southwestern corner of the South Island of New Zealand. The lake covers an area of 344 km², making it the second-largest lake by surface area in New Zealand and the largest in the South Island. It is the largest lake in Australasia by fresh water volume.
Stop At: Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
The Homer Tunnel is a 1.2 km long road tunnel in the Fiordland region of the South Island of New Zealand, opened in 1953. New Zealand State Highway 94 passes through the tunnel, linking Milford Sound to Te Anau and Queenstown, by piercing the Darran Mountain range at the Homer Saddle
Stop At: Eglinton Valley, Milford Sound New Zealand
Within the Eglinton Valley you’ll also find the famous Mirror Lakes and Knobs Flat.
Stop At: Mitre Peak, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Mitre Peak is one of the most photographed mountain peaks in New Zealand, it is also one of the highest mountains in the world to rise directly from the sea, rising to 1,692m (5551feet).
Stop At: Lake Manapouri, New Zealand
Lake Manapouri is home to the Manapouri underground hydroelectric power station, it is New Zealand’s largest power station. Lake Manapouri is a natural lake and the drop between the lake and the sea is used by the power station.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Additional Pick ups:- Fernhill Hotels (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)- Arthurs Point Hotel (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)- Rydges Bus Stop, Lake Esplanade (For Rydges Resort, QT Queenstown, and Peppers Beacon)- Queenstown Hotels (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)- Central Queenstown (Please meet the us outside Base Backpackers, 49 Shotover Street)- Amber Lodge, 1 Gorge Rd (For Gorge Rd, Henry St, and Turner St accomodations)- Cnr Cemetery Rd & Brecon St (For Lakeview Holiday Park, The Dairy, Browns Boutique)- Upper Stanley Street Bus Stop, Stanley St (For Heartland Hotel, Blue Peaks, Caples Court, Four Seasons and Scenic suites)- Millennium Hotel Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Millennium Hotel, Melbourne Lodge, Hurley's, Autoline Motel)- Pounamu Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Swiss Belsuites, Colonial Village, Villa del Lago, Oaks Club)- Hensman Rd / Oaks Shores Bus Stop (For The Rees, Oaks Shores, Andrews Rd, and Hensman Rd)- Sherwood Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Sherwood, Holiday Inn, Goldfield Heights)- Battery Hill Bus Stop, Frankton Rd- Perkins Rd Bus Stop, Frankton Rd- Marina Drive Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Mantra Marina)- Frankton Bus Shelter, Cnr of Gray Street & Kawarau RdIf your accommodation is not listed, please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Please bring walking shoes, warm clothes and rain jacket
- Special meal requests such as vegetarian or do not eat pork, lamb, chicken or beef MUST be advised at time of booking and then reconfirmed at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions we are unable to provide our buffet BBQ lunch. We will provide a picnic lunch instead.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.