Milford Sound Full-Day Tour from Te Anau
Be mesmerized by the World Heritage listed Fiordland National Park and Milford Sound on this full-day tour from Te Anau.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1.5-hour sightseeing cruise on Milford Sound
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Milford sound Hwy
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
o Te Anau is known as the Walking Capital of the World. The mountains to the left are the Kepler Mountains, home of the Kepler Track, one of the popular walking tracks in the area. Te Anau is the gateway to Milford Sound and the Fiordland National Park. The town has a permanent population of approximately 2,500 people but this fluctuates greatly in summer when the town gets an influx of fishermen, hunters, outdoor pursuit seekers and holiday makers. It’s a popular holiday destination. We stop here for morning & afternoon breaks and comfort stops.
Duration: 1 minute
Stop At: Monkey Creek, Milford Sound New Zealand
o Monkey Creek is named after one of three Government employees entrusted yearly to camp here and find a path through the mountains. Eventually his monkey like climbing skills allowed him to find a path, which though not particularly safe, was used for many years for guided walking tours. It is here we have the opportunity to drink the water or full your water bottles. Because this water is flowing directly from the mountains it is one of the few remaining places it is safe to taste fresh water without contamination and you realise without chemicals doesn’t really have a taste but is extremely refreshing. Be careful filling your water bottles because the water is very cold. Also don’t be surprised if a Kea or two drop in to say hello!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mirror Lakes Walk, Milford Road,, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
o Mirror Lakes where most of the time the nearby mountains are reflected in the lakes. Being small, the lakes have less chance of being roughened by the winds compared to their larger counterparts and the large quantity of tannins leached from the soil into the waters give these lakes a much clearer mirror effect than many of the other lakes in the region. It is here you have the opportunity to walk along a boardwalk listening for Bellbirds and Tui’s which are protected native birds, whilst watching Black Scaups dive for food on the bottom of the lake between the various species of beech trees. These forests are said to be 135 million years old. We will drop you off at one end of the walkway and you can re-join the coach in 10 minutes at the far end of the board walk if you wish to go for a walk.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
o As we head up towards the Homer Tunnel, on the right hand side you can see the remains of a camp including the oven in which the meals and bread were cooked. The shed to the left was designed to house the snow plough and was built in 1983. After its construction it was found that the doorway had not been made wide enough and the plough was not able to be housed there. It is now kept at the camp at Knobs Flat. The building today is known as the Chapel as it is one of the few areas of this region that has never been affected by avalanche.
Stop At: The Chasm Walk, Milford Road State Highway 94 , Fiordland National Park, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
o Here you will have the opportunity to go for a 15 minute walk around a loop for photos. The coach will drop you off at one end of the board walk and pick you up at the other end in 15 minutes. Please be back at the coach on time. The walk into the Chasm will take you to a magnificent view of crystal clear waters rushing through a natural chasm where the Cleddau River has carved its way through the solid rock.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Milford sound Hwy, Milford Sound New Zealand
o Our Premium Cruise vessel has been specifically designed to capture the views of Milford Sound with its unique glass roof and large viewing decks. The ‘Gem of the Sound’ offers an outstanding experience never seen in Milford Sound with an exceptional level of comfort and hospitality. A selection of snacks and noodles can be purchased on board along with a wide range of drinks from New Zealand and around the world. Visit the stunning Milford Sound on board an equally premium vessel that will look after you and your unique experience.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please confirm with supplier pick up times from hotels. Also if your hotel is not listed please check with supplier. 0800744487 or 649 5835790
Departure Time :10:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Certain seats on the vehicles will be no sit zones for distancing, Increased contact tracing is in place so you are required to provide your details upon arrival. We are following the guidelines and precautions set by the New Zealand Government.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.