Milford Sound Scenic Cruise
Enjoy a two hour cruise traversing the deep waters of Milford Sound, located in Fiordland. Your cruise will take you past St Anne’s lighthouse and out into the Tasman Sea. Informative guides point out scenic highlights along the way, such as the Bowen Falls (dropping 160 metres seaward), Sinbad Gully (a classic example of a hanging valley), snow-capped Mount Pembroke, and the awe-inspiring Mitre Peak itself, towering 1692 metres from the ocean floor.
per adult from
What's included :
- Free tea and coffee on board
- Free for children under 3
- Smaller boats makes for a more ‘up close’ tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Milford Sound, Milford Sound, Southland Region, South Island
Your 2-hour sightseeing cruise will depart from the Milford Sound Visitor Center.
Stop At: Mitre Peak Cruises, Milford Sound Visitor Centre, Milford Sound 9679 New Zealand
You will traverse into the deep waters of the Milford Sound and will have a chance to enter Milford Sound from the outside, approaching it just as the first settlers did at the end of the 18th century.
Stop At: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
Experience the stunning Milford Sound
Stop At: Mitre Peak, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
With more rainfall than any other part of New Zealand, Fiordland National Park and Milford Sound provide spectacular scenery whatever the weather conditions.
Milford Sound is located at the northern most end of Fiordland National Park on the South Island of New Zealand.
Stop At: Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Having a smaller launch (approximately 20 metres) allows your cruise to navigate closer to the shoreline, getting up close to the incredible surroundings. Purpose-built for Milford waters, your boat has great viewing platforms should you encounter the local fur seal colonies – once nearly hunted to extinction, the rare Fiordland crested penguins or pods of dusky dolphins.
Departure Point :Mitre Peak Cruises, Milford Sound Visitor Centre, Milford Sound Hwy 94, Milford Sound 9679, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Check in is 30 minutes before departure time
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 65 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.