Milford Sound Small Group Tour Including Cruise & Lunch from Queenstown
A small group day fully guided tour including a picnic lunch from Queenstown or Te Anau to the stunningly beautiful region of Milford Sound where you board your cruise with the No.1 Cruise on TripAdvisor for a majestic experience with spectacular mountains, waterfalls and wildlife. Our tours are run in small groups with a maximum of 16 people, in modern minibuses, specially built to enhance your tour experience and day. On board we have amazing, passionate guides who always have a lot of stories and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging ports and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journey that makes our tours special.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Picnic Lunch
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Bottled water
- On-board entertainment
- Entry/Admission - Eglinton Valley
- Entry/Admission - Mirror Lakes Walk
- Entry/Admission - Milford Sound
- Entry/Admission - The Chasm Walk
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic beverages (available to purchase)
- Scenic flight from Milford to Queenstown - please add during booking process (optional extra)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Queenstown, Queenstown, Otago Region, South Island
New Zealand's tourism hub. See and learn about some of the main sites as you leave town for your tour.
Stop At: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
We wind our way around Queenstown's famous lake with amazing views of the Remarkables. Of course a stop for photos of the vista's is needed
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Devil's Staircase Lookout Point, 2911 Kingston Rd, Kingston 9793 New Zealand
One of the many stunning sights we will see along the way.
Stop At: Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park, Southland Region, South Island
No better place for a quick break and coffee than this little gem of a town with it's stunning lake and friendly Alpaca.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Eglinton Valley, Milford Sound New Zealand
Follow the path of and ancient glacier through Fiordland National Park. one of the first major attractions as you enter Fiordland.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mirror Lakes Walk, Milford Road,, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Stroll among small lakes with lovely reflections of the Earl Mountains on this easy, short walk off Milford Road
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
Travel through the mind-blowing Homer Tunnel, emerging as the valley descends sharply down to Milford Sound, with its hundreds of waterfalls cascading into crystal clear waters.
Stop At: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
Upon arriving in Milford Sound you will board your cruise with Cruise Milford (the No. 1 Cruise in Milford Sound on TripAdvisor). The Cruise Milford experience offers a boutique cruise on a smaller boat which is less crowded and a crew that offers a much more informative and personal tour of Milford Sound.
The smaller boat means get closer to the wildlife and nature including the New Zealand fur seals basking on the rocks, massive rock faces rising for hundreds of meters out of the sea and see waterfalls cascade from ancient rainforest high in the mountains.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Mitre Peak, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Marvel at the awe-inspiring Mitre Peak - the iconic Milford Sound photo, with it steep triangular peak rising high up above the reflective waters of the Milford Sound.
Stop At: The Chasm Walk, Milford Road State Highway 94 , Fiordland National Park, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Spectacular bush walk and dramatic views of powerful waterfalls and water sculpted shapes in the rocks. (not always open)
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :The Station - Home of Shotover Jet in Queenstown, Corner of Shotover & Camp Streets, 25 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Pick Up Points & Times:Please be ready, waiting in your hotel lobby or at the pick up point at least 10 minutes prior to your pick up time listed below. If your hotel is not listed below, please contact us in advance, to arrange to pick you up from your closest point listed below.7:15am - Heritage Hotel, Mercure Hotel7:20am - Crowne Plaza, Hotel St Moritz, Rydges Lakeland Resort7:25am - Novotel Queenstown Lakeside, Base Backpackers, YHA Central, Nomads Backpackers, Sofitel Queenstown 7:25am - Queenstown Central Pick Up Point (47-49 Shotover Street, Queenstown)7:30am - Scenic Hotel, Copthorne Hotel, Heartland Hotel, Millennium Hotel, Rees Hotel7:45am – 7:55am - Frankton Bus Station (near Queenstown airport)7:50am - 8.00am - Hilton Hotel & Resort9:50am - Te Anau Central Pick Up Point (124 Town Centre, Te Anau)Ports
- Queenstown bus Station, 41 Frankton Road, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
- Te Anau Central - 124 Town Centre, Te Anau
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours’ notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.