Milford Sound Small Group Tour Including Cruise & Lunch from Te Anau
A small group day fully guided tour including a picnic lunch from Te Anau to the stunningly beautiful region of Milford Sound where you board your cruise with the No.1 Cruise on TripAdvisor for a majestic experience with spectacular mountains, waterfalls and wildlife. Our tours are run in small groups with a maximum of 16 people, in modern minibuses, specially built to enhance your tour experience and day. On board we have amazing, passionate guides who always have a lot of stories and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, complimentary water/ snacks and USB charging ports in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journey that makes our tours special.
per adult from
What's included :
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- On-board entertainment
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Picnic Lunch
- Entry/Admission - Eglinton Valley
- Entry/Admission - Mirror Lakes Walk
- Entry/Admission - Milford Sound
- Entry/Admission - The Chasm Walk
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic beverages (available to purchase)
- Scenic flight from Milford to Queenstown - please add during booking process (optional extra)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park, Southland Region, South Island
Our tour starts by traveling along this beautiful lake learning about the local area.
Stop At: Eglinton Valley, Milford Sound New Zealand
Follow the path of and ancient glacier through Fiordland National Park. one of the first major attractions as you enter Fiordland.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mirror Lakes Walk, Milford Road,, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Stroll among small lakes with lovely reflections of the Earl Mountains on this easy, short walk off Milford Road
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
Travel through the mind-blowing Homer Tunnel, emerging as the valley descends sharply down to Milford Sound, with its hundreds of waterfalls cascading into crystal clear waters.
Stop At: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
Upon arriving in Milford Sound you will board your cruise with Cruise Milford (the No. 1 Cruise in Milford Sound on TripAdvisor). The Cruise Milford experience offers a boutique cruise on a smaller boat which is less crowded and a crew that offers a much more informative and personal tour of Milford Sound.
The smaller boat means get closer to the wildlife and nature including the New Zealand fur seals basking on the rocks, massive rock faces rising for hundreds of meters out of the sea and see waterfalls cascade from ancient rainforest high in the mountains.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mitre Peak, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Marvel at the awe-inspiring Mitre Peak - the iconic Milford Sound photo, with it steep triangular peak rising high up above the reflective waters of the Milford Sound.
Stop At: The Chasm Walk, Milford Road State Highway 94 , Fiordland National Park, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Spectacular bush walk and dramatic views of powerful waterfalls and water sculpted shapes in the rocks.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Real Journeys Visitor Centre, 85 Lakefront Drive, Te Anau 9640, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours’ notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.