Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing
Combine the thrill of landing on Mount Tarawera with a flight that includes spectacular aerial views of our stunning crater lakes, the renowned Tarawera Falls and the vibrant Waimangu and Wai-O-Tapu geothermal reserves. Leaving Wai-O-Tapu we descend to follow the Waikato River to the hidden valley of Orakei Korako. Once landed, you will ferry across the river and begin your land-based tour. Experience hot springs, gushing geysers and the natural beauty of this geothermal wonderland. Your return flight takes in views of farmland and the Paeroa mountain range before flying over Rotorua City and returning to our lakefront pier.
per adult from
What's included :
- Driver and Guide
- Entry/Admission - Mt. Tarawera
- Entry/Admission - Orakei Korako Cave & Thermal Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Waimangu Volcanic Valley, 587 Waimangu Road Off State Highway 5, Rotorua 3043 New Zealand
Waimangu Valley is the home of the 'Frying pan lake', which is one of the worlds largest hot spring. You will also fly over the 'Inferno Crater' which is a beautiful Teal blue lake, rising and falling up to 12 meters. Waimangu is the youngest geothermal system in the world.
Pass By: Wai-O-Tapu, Wai-O-Tapu, Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
Wai O Tapu is known to be one of New Zealand most colorful Geothermal park. You will see the most magnificent colors while you fly directly over this park.
Stop At: Mt. Tarawera, Tr, Rotorua New Zealand
This is one of New Zealand's most culturally significant volcanoes. Standing on the volcano you will see a view of the spectacular craters and domes formed by the 1886 eruption.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Orakei Korako Cave & Thermal Park, 494 Orakeikorako Road, 3083 New Zealand
This is the largest Geyser park in New Zealand. You will see bubbling mud pools, colorful hot springs and beautiful scenery.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Lakefront Drive, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.