Mt Cook Experience
Named after the famous explorer and navigator, Aoraki Mount Cook is New Zealand's highest peak. Surrounded by glaciers, this alpine environment is truly spectacular. Once there, transfer to either a ski plane or local helicopter service and land upon the Tasman Glacier. Then enjoy a scenic flight back to Christchurch over dramatic mountain ranges and extensive farmland.
Our pilots will personalise this experience for you by sharing their local knowledge and insights of our big backyard as you fly over remarkable sights and landmarks, including the Central Plains Water Scheme, Lily Bank Station and the Tasman Glacier.
We have plenty to share with you and can't wait for you to experience it.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private flight
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rakaia, Rakaia, Canterbury Region, South Island
Pass over the Rakaia River and see the Central Plains Water Scheme
Pass By: Mt Hutt Ski Area, Methven New Zealand
Pass by Mt Hutt Ski Field, voted New Zealand's best Ski Resort 2015-2019
Pass By: Lake Tekapo, Lake Tekapo, Mackenzie District, Canterbury Region, South Island
See the aquamarine glow of Lake Tekapo as you head towards Mt Cook
Pass By: Mt. Cook Village, Mt. Cook Village, Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Mackenzie District, Canterbury Region, South Island
Visit New Zealand's highest Peak Mount Cook.
Departure Point :Christchurch Helicopters, 25 Aviation Drive Harewood Aviation Park, Christchurch International Airport, Christchurch 7676, New Zealand
Departure Time :5/5/2020 - 1/5/2022
Monday - Saturday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to the length of this flight it is not recommended people with serious medical conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.