Mt Tarawera Volcanic Guided Hike Experience
Experience the majesty of Mt. Tarawera, infamous for its volcanic eruption in 1886. This guided 4-hour trek encompasses the stunning landscape and unique history of the area. You'll follow a winding trail to the crater's edge for a panoramic view of the geothermal area. Travel by 4WD vehicle from central Rotorua hotels.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by 4WD vehicle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Mt. Tarawera
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kaitiaki Adventures, 1135 Te Ngae Road, Tikitere 3074, New Zealand
Your Local Kaitiaki (Guide) will pick you up from your desired pickup location
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
We head off on our journey past Te Puia
Pass By: Tamaki Maori Village, 1220 Hinemaru St, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Passing Tamaki Maori Village along the way
Pass By: Waimangu Volcanic Valley, 587 Waimangu Road Off State Highway 5, Rotorua 3043 New Zealand
You will learn about Waimanngu & Wai-O-Tapu on the bus
Pass By: Rerewhakaaitu Bretts Road Camping Area, Rerewhakaaitu Road, Rerewhakaaitu 3073, New Zealand
As we head closer to the Mountain we will pass Lake Rerewhakaaitu
Stop At: Mt. Tarawera, Tr, Rotorua New Zealand
Transporting you from the Base of Mount Tarawera we will drive 8.2km ascending through the Native forest until we reach the Craters edge to begin our Hike.
Starting our hike with a karakia or Maori prayer; The hiking component is roughly 90mins long with different options for those with different fitness levels.
360 scenic veiws - Don't forget your camera!
Once we have reached the summit you will hear more stories and information about the Mountain.
We will then head around to the craters edge and Run down the Scree into the heart of the volcanic crater - 400m
Once the Hike is completed we will drive you down and back to your desired drop off location.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most accommodations in central Rotorua
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All Kaitiaki Staff/contractors have been provided Information and training regarding the Hazards/Risk associated with COVID-19 All staff have been asked to contribute feedback All feedback has been considered by the business to make an informed decision pre-operation
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.