Napier Shore Excursion: City Sights and Hawke's Bay Tour
This shore excursion highlights the best of Hawke's Bay and Napier, considered the Art Deco Capital of the world! Discover this areas unique history including its early settlement, the 1931 Napier Earthquake, and the rebuild efforts that transformed the city to what it is today. Travel through the beautiful rural pastures outside the city, make a stop close to the top of Te Mata Peak with incredible sightings, and explore the unique architecture of Hastings and Napier.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Admission fees
- Pick up and drop off (at the meeting point)
- Live commentary onboard
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: National Aquarium of New Zealand, Marine Parade, Napier 4110 New Zealand
After being picked up, you will begin your sightseeing tour of the city and surrounding areas. You will drive through the rural countryside while sighting sheep, deer, cattle, along with orchards, market gardens and vineyards, providing some of the most beautiful scenery in New Zealand.
Stop At: Te Mata Peak Road, Hastings 4130 New Zealand
Enjoy incredible views and a great photo opportunity close to the top of Te Mata Peak, which includes incredible sights of Mt Ruapehu on a clear day.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Hastings, Hastings, Hawke's Bay Region, North Island
Drive through the city of Hastings on your way back to Napier, another city famous for its Art Deco and Spanish Mission style buildings from the 1930’s.
Stop At: Napier, Napier, Hawke's Bay Region, North Island
Return to Napier and see beautiful Art Deco style buildings and drive through an original 1930’s Art Deco housing estate. To conclude the excursion, you will tour the entire main shopping centre of Napier which contains even more Art Deco architecture. Time permitting you will be able to walk the main street on foot which provides some great photo opportunities (time in the city is dependent on cruise ship schedules). Afterwards we return you to the Aquarium where you can catch the free shuttle back to the cruise ship.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please take the free shuttles that the ship provides and go to the aquarium shuttle stop which is stop number two. At the aquarium look for the signage “Hawke's Bay Scenic Tours". Try and be on the first shuttle so the tours can depart promptly. Exact meeting instructions will be sent upon booking.Ports
- Napier Port
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/3/2019 - 9/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary provided they do not occupy their own seat.
- Departure details and times will be sent upon booking.
- This tour does support collapsible wheelchairs provided there is someone else there to help them on and off the coaches.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please where a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.