Nature & Kiwi Day Tour from Auckland
Experience a boutique nature tour to Tawharanui discovering some of New Zealand’s unique and rare wildlife including the kiwi; walk through native forests, enjoy stunning scenery and coastlines with experienced nature guides. (Note, we see kiwi on 80% of our tours).
Visit the best spots for getting that great photo and the out-of-the way places to enjoy the great outdoors.
Our day/night tour includes a gourmet picnic dinner – delicious food is a must when out enjoying this beautiful destination.
Your tour includes transportation to and from Auckland central city.
Tours are small and intimate taking a maximum of 7 on any one tour; we believe the best way to experience the natural side of Auckland is in small groups.
Please note that a reasonable level of fitness is required.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided tour
- Picnic dinner
- Refreshments - tea and coffee
- Bottled water
- Reference books
- Insect Repellent
- Hotel pick up (CBD)
- Hotel drop off (CBD)
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Pick up not available outside of the Auckland CBD.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parry Kauri Park, Turdor Collins Drive, Warkworth, Auckland New Zealand
Native bush and the New Zealand kauri tree (800 years old)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tawharanui Regional Park, Takatu Rd, Warkworth, Auckland New Zealand
New Zealand's flora and fauna.
Many of the nations rare birds including the nocturnal bird the kwi, owl and night critters.
A guided day time walk to enjoy the coastal forest and beaches for approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
Free time to explore.
Picnic dinner will enjoying the views on the coast as the sun sets.
Guided night-time walk approximately 1 hour 30 minutes for the nocturnal wildlife and enjoy the amazing clear night sky well away from any city light pollution.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels in the Auckland CBD.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 7 years - infant seats are not provided
- A minimum of two must be booked for a tour to be confirmed
- A reasonable level of fitness is needed - walking is on well maintained tracks with slight inclines. Night-time walking is with red lights, conditions can be wet and slippery with some exposed tree roots.
- Clothing should be suitable for being out in nature with warm layers and a rain jacket.
- Comfortable walking shoes required
- Bring personal medication.
- Bring sunscreen.
- Don't forget your camera!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.