Nature and Nosh Explore & Taste Experience Waikato
Escape with us to climb a waterfall, explore the purest of springs and sample the finest wine and cheese in the Waikato region. This unique Nature & Nosh experience includes a three hour guided hike to the top of the tallest waterfall in the North Island, gourmet picnic style lunch at the Blue Spring and a short walk along the crystal clear banks of Te Waihou stream. A region renown for it's dairy farming, it's only natural that we visit a local cheese maker to sample some of the best cheeses in New Zealand. The afternoon is rounded off in fine style with a visit to Vilagrads, a fifth generation, family-owned winery. Sample a selection of their award-winning wines and ports and enjoy the stunning courtyard overlooking the vines. This tour is for nature lovers with an appreciation for quality local artisan food and fine wine. Includes return transfers from Hamilton.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Wine tasting
- Food tasting
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Our morning begins at the base of the Kaimai ranges, we begin our first hike of the day, climbing steadily to the top of the stunning Wairere falls. At 155metres tall, these falls are the tallest in the North Island and clear days boast spectacular views as far as the eye can see across the Waikato region from the top.
After our descent, we make our way to the heart of the Waikato. A gentle walk along the banks of Te Waihou river leads us to the famous Blue Springs producing some of the clearest and purest water in New Zealand. Not a bad setting for a picnic lunch. A region renown for it's dairy farming and local produce, it's only natural that we visit a local cheese maker to sample some of the best cheeses in New Zealand. Multi-award winning cheesemakers Over the Moon Dairy are small in size but huge on creating unique flavourswith their cheese.
Our afternoon is rounded off in fine style with a visit to Vilagrads, a fifth generation, family-owned winery. Sample a selection of their award-winning wines and ports and enjoy the stunning courtyard overlooking the vines.
• Fully-inclusive, guided experience
• Runs: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
• Departs: 7.30am from Hamilton Gardens
• Returns: 5.00pm to Hamilton Gardens
• Duration: 9.5 hours
• TWO guided short walks
• Walks: 4.5 hours total
• Grade: Moderate
• A good level of fitness is required for this tour.
• Note: A minimum of 2 people are required for this tour to run
Departure Point :Gate 1, Hamilton Gardens (Turtle Lake main carpark)
Departure Time :7.30am Monday, Tuesday and Thursday's
Return Detail :Gate 1, Hamilton Gardens (Turtle Lake main carpark)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Please note: A reasonable level of fitness is required for this experience.
- Please bring suitable attire for hiking, suitable footwear (hiking boots, or trainers with plenty of tread) and a water bottle. A change of clothing is recommended and a wind and rain jacket. Day backpacks will be provided if required.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.