New Zealand Farm & Scenic Day Tour from Christchurch
Journey through the beautiful Canterbury Plains set against the remarkable mountain scenery of the southern alps. Enjoy the luxury & comfort of a top-of the range Mercedes Benz AWD bus. On your way to different farms (up to three) you will take in the wonder of this diverse landscape containing tussock, braided rivers, plateaus, hills & mountain lakes. An enormous variety of farm types in the region include horse studs, deer, cereal crops, poultry, orchards, vineyards, vegetables, forestry, pigs, & flower growing: but the juggernauts of sheep farming (mutton, wool) and cattle (dairy farming, beef) dominate. Fully inclusive price includes pick up from major Christchurch city hotels, scrumptious special lunch, morning & afternoon tea, luxury mini-coach travel incl. onboard WIFI & USB, & an entertaining / highly knowledgeable tour guide who can relate all the agricultural facts, figures & history of this unique countryside!
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch (select your preferences when booking)
- Morning & Afternoon tea, coffee, snack
- Live professional commentary / guide on board
- Hotel pickup & drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Up to three farms visited (dependant upon season, farm program, passenger preferences)
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned 4WD mini-coach
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maossie Tours, Rolleston Avenue near intersection of Worcester Blvd, Christchurch 8013 New Zealand
This is the default pick up location for those not being picked up from their hotel. Luxury travel by mini-coach with complimentary WiFi, USB Charging, Tour guide and all refreshments. Total Tour time approximately 8 hours
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Canterbury Region, Canterbury Region, South Island
Explore New Zealand farms like nowhere else! Baby animals, cows, sheep, deer - all working properties: a great insight into the real New Zealand! Tour destinations vary according to the season – but they all involve a variety of really interesting farm types and topographies ranging from the Canterbury plains to the highlands against a backdrop of towering mountains. At each location there will be ample time to look around. And, many of the farms we visit will offer contact with animals including feeding, patting and grooming.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Mt Hutt Ski Area, Methven New Zealand
Spectacular scenery of the Southern Alps (across Canterbury Plains). We go to a very special lookout location with an amazing view of the patchwork landscape.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Rakaia Salmon Statue, 73 Elizabeth Ave, Rakaia 7710 New Zealand
Afternoon tea at this unique location alongside the Rakaia River and surrounds
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Canterbury Museum (Christchurch), Canterbury 8013, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Maossie will pickup from any centrally located Christchurch hotel / motel. We will contact you to confirm your nominated pickup location and time.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.