Off-Road Adventure Tour
Let us take you on an amazing, guided off-roading adventure, ride through a beautiful rainforest, splash through rivers, explore an ancient glacier riverbed while being blown away by the breath-taking scenery including the spectacular Southern Alps and Franz Josef Glacier.
Your guide will kit you out with wet weather gear and gumboots and teach you how to ride our off-roading vehicles. They will entertain you and amaze you with beautiful local Maori Legends and history while refining your skills and giving you new challenges to conquer.
Either take a single quad bike all to yourself or take a double quad bike and bring a passenger along for the ride or take one of our three-seater buggies that can fit two adults and one child.
(Please note passengers do not get to swap with the driver)
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of helmet
- Wet weather gears (jackets and pants)
- Professional guide
- Quad bike tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Franz Josef Glacier, Glacier Access Road Westland Tai Poutini National Park, Franz Josef, Westland Tai Poutini National Park New Zealand
Enjoy a truly memorable adventure as you ride with the guides to gain views of the Franz Josef glacier and its surrounding snow capped peaks.
Stop At: Across Country Quad Bikes, 30 Main Road, State Highway 6, Franz Josef, Westland Tai Poutini National Park 7856 New Zealand
Once you have signed in at the office, you will be able to begin your adventure. After a short 5-minute walk down to the containers you will get dressed up in the provided wet weather gear, gumboots and helmet.
You will then have a short detailed safety brief before you will test your skills on the two test tracks. The journey will then take you through dense rainforest, riverbeds and grassland all with the back drop of the spectacular Southern Alps. There are plenty of selfie opportunities with a break halfway to give you some local information on the area.
This place is truly special, one of only a handful of places in the world where ice and forest meet in such a spectacular manner and the ATV quads are the ultimate way to view it all. The quad bike adventure is fun in the sun and even better in the rain.
Departure Point :Across Country Quad Bikes, 30 Main Road, Franz Josef / Waiau 7886, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Age: Minimum 8 years old (Passengers). Minimum 16 years old (Drivers).
- Booking needs to include 1 driver for each passenger
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.