Off the Beaten Track - Glowworm Caving Adventure Tour in Waitomo
The top rated, most intimate, and most personalised glow worm cave tour in Waitomo.
Our awesome Waitomo adventure is tucked away “off the beaten track” on our family farm and we LOVE it that way and so do our guests.
Our “Glowing” Highlights
• Amazing glow worm displays!
• Just the right amount of adventure
• Away from the crowds
• Small group sizes
• Cameras welcome
• Authentic eco experience
• Family owned and operated
• Photos, tea, coffee and biscuits included
• #1 Trip Advisor rated tour in the Waitomo District
per adult from
What's included :
- See the caves just as nature intended. All caving equipment and warm clothing including: thermal top, thermal pants, fleece top, shorts, gumboots, socks, helmet and headlamp. A local guide with a deep connection to the caves and a wealth of information to share. Tea, coffee, and a snack. An email with awesome photos of your adventure. Proper Kiwi hospitality!
- Entry/Admission - Glowing Adventures
What's excluded :
- We can not pick up or drop off. There is no public transport so you will need to have your own transport to 1199 Oparure Road.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glowing Adventures, 1199 Oparure Road, Waitomo Caves 3985 New Zealand
1199 Oparure Road, Maungarongapu Cave
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1199 Oparure Road, Te Kuiti 3985, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 people per tour.
- Maximum of 8 people per tour.
- Minimum age is 12 years.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour is not suitable for elderly people or anyone with mobility difficulties as it involves climbing over boulders, walking up hills and wading through streams with rocks underfoot.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required.
- Tours may be cancelled in case of flooding. In the unlikely event that your tour is cancelled, you'll receive a full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.