Old Coach Road Self-Guided Bike Tour from Ohakune
Ride along the historic Ohakune Old Coach Road at your own pace on this 4-hour unguided bike trail. This native bush corridor on the slopes of Mount Ruapehu is an exciting adventure, a journey back in time. Ride past the concrete piers for the bridge which crossed the Haeremaere Stream on the original railway alignment, the steel lattice Taonui Railway Viaduct, and enjoy expansive views across the Waimarino Plains and of the mighty Mt Ruapehu, magnificent Rimu trees and of course the Hapuawhenua Viaduct.
A fantastic day ride for people of all ages and abilities.
per adult from
What's included :
- All equipment including Bicycle and helmet
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Unguided Bike tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ohakune Old Coach Road, Horipito to Marshals Road Ohakune, Tongariro National Park 4625 New Zealand
Horopito is 150 meters higher than Ohakune so overall you have an easier ride. The ride will cover Open farmland, native bush, viaducts, train tunnels and more. As you arrive at the Ohakune end of the trail there is an optional pump track and beautiful ride down besides the Mangawhero River back to base where you will finish your ride.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: TCB Ski Board and Bike, 29 Ayr street, Ohakune 4625 New Zealand
Start your journey at base in Ohakune where you will be fitted with a helmet, bike and safety kit before being given a safety briefing and talked through the ride.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :TCB Ski Board & Bike, 29 Ayr Street, Ohakune 4625, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.