Otago Peninsula Wildlife and Cultural Tour with Lunch
This PREMIUM wildlife experience is tailored specifically for Cruise Ship passengers, see spectacular marine wildlife, learn from a conservation expert, discover intriguing Māori history, and explore the geological and biological diversity of our Otago Peninsula.
Join us to discover some of the iconic Otago Peninsula's wildlife residents; albatross, penguins, seals and sea lions, all call this place home. Our guide, Lyndon, comes with 30 years of hands-on species management in his previous role as a conservation ranger. Likewise, James has a passion for sharing in-depth knowledge, particularly in regard to his Māori heritage, a fascinating culture that is often overshadowed by Dunedin’s more recent European history.
Tour highlights include a boat cruise around Pukekura/Taiaroa Head and other wildlife viewing sites. We learn more about the people of this place, both Māori and European. There is no better introduction to this Southern City than a tour with Horizon Tours.
per adult from
What's included :
- Light Lunch
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Taiaroa Head
What's excluded :
- While we endeavour to show you many animals along the way, they might have different ideas! We cannot guarantee seeing all species.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
Stunning above the harbour coastal views
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Hooper's Inlet Shed, 273 Allans Beach Road, Otago 9077, New Zealand
See wading birds on the stunning back drop of Hoopers Inlet
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Allans Beach Road, Portobello, Dunedin 9077, New Zealand
Stroll along a sandy beach where we might encounter some wild locals including seals and sea lions.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Taiaroa Head, Harington Point, Otago 9077, New Zealand
Take a one hour cruise around the end of the Otago Peninsula to see a rich diversity of marine wildlife such as albatross, seals, other seabirds and sometimes penguins.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will meet all passengers booked with Horizon Tours at the Cruise Ship terminal at Port Chalmers/Port Otago. Pick up can also be accommodated at the Dunedin i-SITE if required.Ports
- Port Chalmers
- Port Otago
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear closed-toed footwear and comfortable clothing
- Dunedin is often windy and sometimes a wet city, we operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Lunch, snacks, tea and coffee are provided on this tour
- Medium level of fitness required, 20-30 minute walks included.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.