Otago Peninsula Wildlife Day Tour
See spectacular marine wildlife, learn from a conservation expert, discover intriguing Māori history, and explore the geological and biological diversity of our Otago Peninsula.
Join us to discover some of the iconic Otago Peninsula's wildlife residents; albatross, penguins, seals and sea lions, all call this place home. Our guide, Lyndon, comes with 30 years of hands-on species management in his previous role as a conservation ranger. Likewise, James has a passion for sharing in-depth knowledge, particularly in regard to his Māori heritage, a fascinating culture that is often overshadowed by Dunedin’s more recent European history.
Tour highlights include a boat cruise around Pukekura/Taiaroa Head and other wildlife viewing sites. During our trip we learn more about the people of this place, both Māori and European. There is no better introduction to this Southern City than a tour with Horizon Tours.
per adult from
What's included :
- Light Lunch
- Tea or Coffee
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- While we endeavour to show you many animals along the way, they might have different ideas! We cannot guarantee seeing all species.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
See spectacular marine wildlife, learn from a conservation expert, discover intriguing Māori history, and explore the geological and biological diversity of our Otago Peninsula
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Hooper's Inlet Shed, 273 Allans Beach Road, Otago 9077, New Zealand
See wading birds in the stunning back drop of Hooper's Inlet
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Allans Beach Road, Portobello, Dunedin 9077, New Zealand
Stroll along a sandy beach where we might encounter some of the wild locals -seals and sea lions
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from centrally located hotels, so please let us know where you are staying!
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear closed-toed footwear and comfortable clothing
- Dunedin is often windy and sometimes a wet city, we operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Lunch, snacks, tea and coffee are provided on this tour
- Medium level of fitness required, 30-45 minute walks included.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.