Packraft Wanaka ‘Raft’ plus Jet Boat & Wilderness Walk Tour from Wanaka
The only JetBoat & Wilderness Walk & Packraft Adventure in New Zealand. This full day experience departs Wanaka at 09.15am for a 20 min drive to the jet boat base at the Matukituki River. Exciting 1 hour of jet boating to beneath Avalanche Glacier where it is pack on back for a remote forest walk to a secluded beach beneath the glacier. Here you have lunch, learn basic paddling skills then rock the photos before heading down river on the most fun of all rafting tours: Ride the wave trains and paddle into calm eddies to surround yourself in nature in the most beautiful landscape there is....Matukituki River, Mount Aspiring National Park.These small 2 person rafts are lightweight and stable, perfect for this remote river adventure. Suitable 10 years + and clients must be able to swim
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All gear required for jet boating and Packrafting
- Picnic lunch and snacks
- Courtesy shuttle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Wanaka River Journeys
What's excluded :
- Not suitable for ages 9 years and under
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wanaka River Journeys, 99 Ardmore Street, Wanaka 9305 New Zealand
For the experience of a lifetime join Wanaka River Journeys on New Zealand’s only Jet Boat, Walk & Packraft adventure, deep into the mountains of middle earth: Matukituki Valley.
Jet boat the spectacular Matukituki River beneath glaciers and Mount Aspiring. Speed through shallow braids, drift into turns and hold on for cool spins… Travel to a place special and serene, surrounded by mountains, glaciers, waterfalls and forests to explore on foot a secluded mountain pathway. Walk 30 mins “pack on your back” to tranquil turquoise pools for lunch & photos before the fun of packrafting begins.
Packrafts are perfect for those who want a real wilderness experience away from the crowds. On-board these small, fun & stable rafts, follow the rivers’ flow way, ride the wave trains, and paddle into calm pools to surround yourself in nature in an area so breathtaking you won’t want to leave. This is the perfect mix of fun, excitement and adventure in the most beautiful landscape there is.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :99 Ardmore Street, Wanaka 9305, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child age is 10-14 years
- Clients Must be able to swim
- Please supply weight and height and any dietary requirements
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.