Pedal and Paddle Glow Worm Tour
The Pedal and Paddle Glow Worm tour is a specialized guided tour unique to New Zealand's North Island city of Rotorua. Start with a ride through the iconic "Redwoods" with it's numerous layers of tree ferns, emergent trees and amazing trails to suit anyone's taste. A sumptuous dinner follows our ride and then we'll head a short distance out of town and paddle stand up paddle boards into some magnificent glow worm caves on the pristine Lake Okareka. There's no better way to spend an afternoon and evening! Complimentary pick-up & return transfers along with all the equipment you need is included in this awesome tour.
per adult from
270 to 330 minutes
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Enjoy the convenience of a complimentary pick-up and return transfer from either the Rotorua I-Site at 1167 Fenton Street or your central Rotorua accommodation. Meet your local guide and small group of no more than seven tour members on a 5 minute drive to the iconic "Redwoods" forest. Gear up for your ride with all high quality mountain biking equipment provided and then follow your guide into the forest. Ride the best trails New Zealand has to offer with plenty of places to catch your breath and take in the surroundings. Ride until the afternoon turns to evening and then return to the Redwoods car-park and shuttle back to town where a sumptuous dinner and beverage is just what you will feel like before departing on a short 15 minute drive to Lake Okareka. Once at the lake you will be guided along the shorelines of the pristine lake as the sunsets to a series of secret caves home to a magnificent array of glow worms. The perfect finish to a once in a lifetime experience.
Departure Point :1167 Fenton Street, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- The paddle board activity has a maximum recommended weight of 105 kilograms
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.