Picton Shore Excursion : Marlborough Wine Tour
The default start time is 9.30am. However ship schedules are not the same so please check your emails for Tripadvisor advice on definitive departure times for your date. Ride in a luxury minibus to the famous cellar doors of Marlborough on this approx. 5-hour shore excursion from Picton to Blenheim. Compare the aromas of Marlborough's finest wines and taste the passion that goes into every bottle. You will visit four to five wineries ranging from the internationally famous to boutique, family-run wineries. Finish the day with a nibble of hand made gourmet chocolates at a chocolate factory.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Wine tasting at 4-5 award-winning wineries
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Small group tour by minivan
- Vineyard tour
- Chocolate tasting
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Picton i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Picton i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, The Foreshore Auckland Street, Picton 7220 New Zealand
Meet your guide at the Picton i-Site after your cruise ship docks. Then board a luxury minibus and enjoy the drive through the Koromiko mountain pass to the Marlborough wine region while your guide points out ecological and historical places of interest; this small-group tour is limited to 11 people to ensure a more intimate atmosphere.
You will visit four or five cellar doors (time permitting) around the Marlborough vineyards. Taste their award winning wines and learn how Marlborough's Sauvignon Blanc has reached the pinnacle of sophistication, then take a stroll through a vineyard and learn how climate, soil, and skill combine to make these incredible wines. Marlborough is not all about Sauvignon Blanc - we have stunning Rieslings, crisp and fruity Pinot Gris, oaked and unoaked Chardonnay and our renown Pinot Noir.
A stop will be made for lunch (own expense), featuring delicacies such as mussels, salmon, venison or beef when available. Alternatively, a light meal of gourmet local cheeses to pair with your wine might suffice.
On the way back to the port, we stop at the chocolate factory for a nibble of hand-made gourmet chocolates. You will return to the Picton wharf at least 90 minutes before your cruise ship departs.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This tour is specifically tailored for CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS. It is only available on cruise ship days and starts from and returns to the Picton Information Centre. Please check emails from Tripadvisor prior to your ship departure - there may be some variation in the tour departure time (variance in docking times). We will ALWAYS send a departure time confirmation email prior to your sailing. This is our only means of contacting you.Ports
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.