Private Auckland Volcanoes Luxury Tour
One of the things that make Tamaki Makaurau (Auckland) so unique is that it is built on top of a volcanic hot spot, meaning it’s an extremely interesting and exciting place to visit for many reasons. Explore Auckland’s geology including the opportunity to walk on the edge of several volcanic cones, which also offer amazing views of New Zealand’s largest city below.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fully guided Private Tour in Mercedes luxury vehicle.
- Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.
- Tour times: 9am to 5pm (flexible).
- Complimentary snacks & water.
- All tours support local eco-cultural initiatives.
What's excluded :
- Possible entry fees to attractions.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manukau Heads Lighthouse, Awhitu Peninsula South side of the Manukau Heads, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
From Volcanic Cones to Ice Cream Cones, Auckland is one of the world’s most diverse and captivating cities. Auckland is the largest Polynesian city in the world and is a fascinating place to both visit and live in, regularly being voted one of the best places in the world to live in terms of lifestyle. Auckland is built on a fertile volcanic isthmus nestled between the Pacific Ocean & the Tasman Sea with 2 main natural harbours, the Waitemata and Manukau Harbours.
In and around Auckland, the city is built on about 55 volcanic cones, many of which still exist today and can be explored accordingly. Others have been altered, in some instances significantly, since humans starting making this strategically vital place in New Zealand their home about 800 years ago.
The Private Auckland Volcanoes Luxury Tour provides a highlight of Auckland city based on visits to both iconic and also lesser-known volcanic cones of great natural and historical significance, providing an opportunity to learn about how they shaped the history of the city. This tour can also incorporate a visit to the Auckland Museum where a special volcanic display is housed (museum entrance fee not included), where to complement the tour itself it could be of interest to our guests to see the displays which further enhance what you learn during the tour.
Learning about what Auckland is built on is both interesting, exciting and also a little disconcerting when you realise that according to vulcanologists, it’s not a matter of if, but rather when, the next volcanic eruption will occur. Be dropped off back at your accommodation with a better understanding why Auckland really is a unique city!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Victoria St West opp Sky Tower, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We meet and exceed all safety measures to keep both our guests and our wonderful team of guides safe. Our safety measures adapt based on requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.