Private Charter: Hobbiton and Rotorua's Geothermal Valley
This is a Private Charter Tour just for your group!
We pick you up from your accomodation/Hotel in Auckland and board one of our modern 2016/17 small group minivan/bus vehicles.
Experience the magic of Hobbiton you will have a fully guided tour around the 12 acre set; past Hobbit Holes, the Mill, the Party Tree and into the world-famous Green Dragon Inn, where you will be presented with a complimentary, exclusive Hobbit Southfarthing beverage.
Experience erupting geysers, hot bubbling mud pools, steam vents and a Maori cultural show not to be missed including the infamous Haka War dance. This is performed by one of Rotorua's leading Maori cultural performance groups. You will encounter a strange landscape of sights, sounds and smells. Marvel at the way the Maori's have tamed this land for there own purpose.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport in 2016/17 vehicle (small group mini bus/van)
- Official Guided tours at both Rotorua and Hobbiton
- Cultural Show at Rotorua
- Cold bottled water
- Auckland Hotel/accomodation pickup/drop-off)
- Private tour
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- Join us on this day of discovery and adventure with two top attraction in just one day.
As this is a Private tour with just your family, group or party it makes for a more personal and friendly tour.
Once we will pick you up from your Accomodation/Hotel in Auckland we make our way to your first attraction in Rotorua!
Enter a strange and unusual landscape with the aroma of sulphur and sights of steam vents exiting the earth at every available crevice. The friendly, local guides are the direct descendants of early who have shaped tourism in New Zealand for generations. Join them as they guide you through their Living Maori Village. On your tour, you will witness The prince of wales Feathers geyser & The Pohutu Geyser (The biggest Geyser in the southern hemisphere). This valley is steeped in history, traditions and cultures that span hundreds of years the people of this village have lived surrounded by geothermal activity (geysers, steam vents and mud pools) which they utilise in their everyday life for cooking, bathing and heating. Experience one of Rotorua's leading maori cultural performance groups as they serenade you with a song and dance including the world famous Haka. For centuries Whakarewarewa village has been home to the Tuhourangi Ngati Wahiao people. As New Zealand's original tourist attraction, They have hosted visitors from around the world since the mid 1800's.
Then after which we travel to another strange and peculiar land!
You will have an offical guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set”. An experience to tantalise the senses of visitors from all across the globe, as guests find themselves engulfed in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes of The Shire, at the home of the Hobbits, as featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies. The extraordinary following that the movies have amassed has led to the tours becoming a must see while travellers are in New Zealand. The Hobbiton Movie Set is the only set that remains intact from the trilogies, and that allows you to fully immerse yourelves in the wonders of "The Shire". Learn all about how this location was chosen as the Hobbiton Movie Set (which is a great story in itself!) and how it was created plus which scenes were filmed here. Your guide will show you around the Hobbit holes including Bilbo's and Frodo's home. At the end of the tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set there will be a complimentary drink waiting for you to enjoy in the Green Dragon Inn (Alcohol and non-alcohol available) included!
A truly one off day of experience and discovery.
Departure Point :Auckland Accommodation / Hotel Lobby
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Return Location same as Pickup
Other drop offs may be available please request at time of booking
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- All vehicles are modern manufactured 2016/17 vehicles with duel air-conditioning uv protection glass and meeting the highest safety standards.
- Pick up time will be sent to you after booking confirmation, dependent on arrival time and departure time of your ship.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.