Private Charter: Hobbiton Movie Set Tour and Waitomo Glowworm Caves Combo
This is a Private Charter Tour from Auckland just for your group!
Two of New Zealand's most popular attractions, With transport in a 2016/17 Luxury Mercedes vehicle.
The Waitomo Glowworm Caves
Where you will travel by boat along an underground river through the mesmerizing Glowworm Grotto. You'll gently glide through the impressive underground caverns in silent darkness amid the beauty of twinkling glowworms overhead.
The Hobbiton Movie Set
You take a fully guided tour of the Hobbiton movie set, which was created in impressive detail for the filming of the hobbit films! And where Bilbo Baggins and Frodo live! ‘The Lord of the Rings’ trilogies. Enjoy a complementary drink in the Green Dragon
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by small 2016/17 mini van with air-conditioning
- Professional offical Hobbiton guide
- Boat ride at the glowworms cave
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Join on this Private Charter tour from Auckland. We will pick you up from your Hotel/Accommodation and take you on a journey of discovery and adventure. Being a private tour this makes you day a lot more personal and friendly.
You will experience two top attractions! All in one day.
You will be taken on a Journey of discovery combining two of the most popular and world famous attractions in New Zealand. Begin your discovery at the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. World renowned and a magnet for both local and overseas visitors. The Waitomo Glowworm Caves occupy a high placing in the New Zealand vacation wish-list. The glowworm, Arachnocampa luminosa, is unique to New Zealand. Thousands of these tiny creatures radiate their unmistakable luminescent light as the expert guides provide informative commentary on the Caves' historical and geological significance. Formed over 30 million years ago there are two levels to the Waitomo Glowworm Caves which are 16 metres apart. The upper level is dry and includes the entrance to the cave, and formations known as the Catacombs, the Pipe Organ and the Banquet Chamber. The lower level consists of stream passages and the Cathedral. Enjoy the world famous boat ride under thousands of magical glowworms and become a part of over 120 years of cultural and natural history. Marvel at Mother Nature's light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto.
We then travel to the famous Hobbiton Movie Set.
You will have a fully guided tour of this breathtaking film set which was created in impressive detail!. You will have an official guide to show you around the Hobbit holes including Bilbo's and Frodo's home. Wonder around the vegetable patches were Hobbits grow their food! with giant pumpkins lying around! and learn about the movie secrets and the attention to detail that is truly mind-boggling. Walk past the Mill and the famous Party Tree that were created for "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" films. At the end of the tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set, There will be a complementary drink waiting for you to enjoy in the Green Dragon Inn (Alcohol and non alcohol available).
After leaving Hobbiton we will make our way back to your Hotel/Accommodation in Auckland, taking in the stunning scenery that New Zealand has to offer along the way.
Departure Point :Auckland Hotel / accomodation
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- There is a minimum of 4 adults required per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.