Private Full-Day Tour in Doubtful Sound with Kayak Experience
This is a Doubtful Sound trip not to be missed! Whether joining us in Te Anau or from Manapouri, this one-day sea kayaking adventure is a truly unique way to experience what this practically untouched wilderness has to offer. A full day out with an experienced guide and small group of kayakers, you will explore Deep Cove, Rolla Island + over to Olphert Cove and return.
From Te Anau, this wilderness experience begins with a short transfer to Manapouri to board a boat for the spectacular cruise across Lake Manapouri. Then enjoy crossing the remote alpine route of Wilmot Pass by coach to Doubtful Sound.
You'll paddle for 3 hours amidst lush rain forest and waterfalls and look up at the towering cliffs from water level, a truly amazing sight. Then make the journey back across Wilmot Pass and Lake Manapouri - a day to remember forever.
Penguins, seals and dolphins are sometimes encountered and bird song breaks the stillness as we paddle along the shoreline.
per adult from
What's included :
- Thermal top
- Leggings and fleece top
- Wetsuit vest
- Paddle jacket and lifejacket
- Spray deck
- Dry bags
- Group safety and emergency gear
- Double kayaks / paddles
- Boat across Lake Manapouri
- Coach across Wilmot Pass
- 3-hour Kayak adventure
What's excluded :
- Lunch - unless pre ordered (extra cost)
You will meet your Kayak guide at Manapouri. Grab your boarding pass and wait for the boat across stunning Lake Manapouri to West Arm. After a one-hour cruise we will arrive at the Manapouri Power Station where your bus awaits. Board the bus for a 45-minute spectacular ride over the Wilmot Pass - make sure to grab some awesome shots along the way, we will stop at the lookout, where you can get your first sighting of Doubtful Sound. Head to the Kayak Base to gear up, change into the thermals, spray jacket, life vest and spray skirt provided. Listen as the guides work through the safety briefing then head out into Doubtful Sound for your three-hour kayak adventure. Explore deeper around Doubtful Sound visiting small coves and islands. Bring snacks to enjoy as we take short breaks. Keep your eye out for the Doubtful Sound dolphins or penguins, they may make an appearance. Paddle back to Kayak Base with the team, hand back all your gear after getting changed and jump on the bus for the 45 minute journey back over the Wilmot Pass. Cruise back over Lake Manapouri back to the Manapouri Visitor Centre. Drive safe on your travels & don’t forget to tag us in all your awesome shots.
• Doubtful Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Lake Manapouri, New Zealand
Departure Point :Pearl Harbour Manapouri Boat ramp, 60 Waiau Street, Manapouri 9679, New Zealand
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum numbers apply
- Bring a change of clothes, socks, footwear and rain jacket for wearing after kayaking
- Wear soft shoes or sandals (note they will get wet)
- Wear a swimsuit or underwear (for under wetsuit)
- Bring a towel, Water bottle, Sunblock, Sun hat, Sun glasses, Insect repellent
- Bring lunch - unless pre-ordered (extra cost)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age 16 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.