Private Off the Beaten Track-Glow Worm Cave tour
An awesome local guide.
An intimate small group tour of no more than 8 people.
Walk through beautiful native New Zealand forest.
Wade through freshwater streams, climb over boulders.
Explore untouched limestone caves and spectacular rock formations.
See mesmerising glow worm displays.
Bring your camera.
Recently named the #1 activity in Waitomo by Trip Advisor
- Guided cave tour, including glowworm displays
- Coffee, tea, and snacks, following the tour
- All clothing and equipment, including caving helmet, headlamp, and boots
- A warm shower after the tour, if required
- Photographs are taken by our guides, and electronic copies of all photos are provided free of charge
- Day 1 : Private glow worm cave tourYou’ll see the caves just as nature intended. There are no handrails, electric lights, concrete paths, or other modifications, and the tour involves climbing over boulders, up hills and wading through streams. A moderate level of fitness is required. Allow 3 hours for the tour, of which approximately 2 hours is spent in the cave system. Maximum group size is eight, and minimum group size is two. Minimum age is 12 years. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Maximum size is 120kgs (265lbs). Please note that this tour is not suitable for the elderly or anyone with mobility difficulties. It involves climbing over boulders, walking up hills and wading through streams with rocks underfoot, so a reasonable level of fitness is required.Meals :None
We are open 7 days a week, and run several tours each day. Tour times vary, depending on the season.
Your adventure begins at 1199 Oparure Road, Te Kuiti in the Waitomo district.
Please note this is NOT in Waitomo Villiage, it is about a 20 minute drive from Waitomo Villiage, 15 minutes from Te Kuiti Town and 25 minutes from Ototrohanga.
There is no public transport access to Glowing Adventures, and we are not able to pick people up. You will need your own transport to get to us.
Allow 3 hrs for the tour.