Private Shore Excursion:Explore Marlborough Wine and Scenic Delights from Picton
Relax with the flexibility of your exclusive tour of the Marlborough wine region. Taste sensational wines and partake of some of the most delicious gourmet treats. Enjoy the wineries or mix and match the day with exciting options.
From the Port of Picton your local chauffeur/guide will meet you at the Picton I Site car park near the vehicle to take you on a scenic journey through to Blenheim and the famous wine region. Savour our local cuisine in a winery garden café or enjoy a wine with a cheese, meat, seafood platter overlooking our stunning Wairau Valley. Later, visit a chocolate boutique.
Ride with peace of mind with flexible drop off to suit your ships scheduled departure.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Round-trip shuttle bus service between the ship and the departure point
- Wine tasting
- Chocolate tasting
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Marlborough Sounds
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch at own cost due to varying appetites
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Saint Clair Family Estate Vineyard Kitchen, 13 Selmes Road Rd3, Blenheim 7273 New Zealand
Award winning wines especially the Reserve Wairau Sauvignon Blanc.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Vines Village, 193 Rapaura Road, Blenheim 7273 New Zealand
Sensational Marlborough Whitehaven wines to taste, gourmet tasting of Manuka honey, local gin and beer and many gourmet treats. Cafe at your beck and call. Quilters Barn for crafters and merino possum fibres in jumpers, gloves, hats and more.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Makana Confections, Corner of Rapaura Road and O'Dwyer's Road, Blenheim 7273 New Zealand
The most popular stop of boutique confection you have ever tasted. Even the samples are generous and you will want to go up again to taste.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Marlborough Sounds, Picton New Zealand
Your tour could include a scenic driver around the Bays of the Marlborough Sounds. Stopping for a local fresh seafood lunch or fresh fruit icecream and several high vantage points overlooking the Pelorus Sound first and then the Queen Charlotte Sound where your ship arrived into Port of Picton
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Picton i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, The Foreshore, Picton 7220, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We will be at the steps of the Picton Visitors Centre with a signboard with your name. Turn left off the bus and follow the blue line on footpath to the steps. We will be there or near the vehicle in the car park.Ports
- Picton i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, The Foreshore, Picton 7220, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Cut off time for booking has been set for 12 hours prior to tour departure. Due to advance bookings being required for additional activities. However booking is flexible up to an hour prior to tour departure.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Your tour guide provides a 6 seat vehicle for smaller private groups.
- Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Picton Port for your ship’s departure. In the extreme unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Your guide will offer health and safety briefing before getting out of the vehicle at each venue or activity as they could have specific requirements that this guide will apply. If possible we will all stay together in our social distancing group and sanitiser will be taken with us at all times.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.