Private tour from Auckland - Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Zealong Tea & Kiwi Bird
We have Combined 3 of New Zealand's unique experiences in this tour around the Waikato; Zealong Tea Estate, Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Otorohanga kiwi Sanctuary.
The tour starts by picking you up from your centrally located Auckland hotel, the first stop is the Zealong Estate where you will have the opportunity to explore New Zealand's only commercial tea estate selling organic tea. Learn all about the history and making of the tea and of course try it! You will also walk along the trail and see unique sculptures and scenery.
The next stop is Waitomo caves where your guide will take you on a 50 mins group tour teaching you about these creatures and enjoy a magical boat ride through the caves. Followed by a lunch at the iconic open air restaurant
Finally the last stop is at New Zealand's largest free-flight dome aviary, here you can get up close to New Zealand Native birds and reptiles at Otorohanga Kiwi House before driving back to Auckland for drop off.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- All entry tickets & guided tours
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park
- Entry/Admission - Zealong Tea Estate
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Auckland, Auckland, North Island
Pick up & drop off can be arranged anywhere in Auckland, Hamilton, Rotorua or Tauranga
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Enter a magical cave surrounded by thousands of tiny glowing worms, sit back on your guided boat tour through the caves and gaze at what looks like a starry night sky.
Known as one of New Zealand’s best natural attractions, take a boat ride through the glow worm grotto, marvel at thousands of magical glowworms and become part of over 130 years of cultural and natural history.
Discover an ancient world 30 million years in the making and marvel at Mother Nature’s light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Experience the serene ambience as you enter this galaxy of tiny living lights. The glowworm (Arachnocampa Luminosa) is unique to New Zealand, making the Waitomo Glowworm Caves an absolute must-do. See thousands of these tiny creatures as they radiate their unmistakable luminescent light in a subterranean world.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park, 25 Alex Telfer Drive, Otorohanga 3900 New Zealand
Get up close to the iconic kiwi bird, tuatara and various other unique native wildlife at the Otorohanga Kiw House. This organisation has been a sanctuary for New Zealand native birds and reptiles since 1971.
The family-friendly Park offers close up viewing of NZ's national bird, the Kiwi. There are also ponds, wetland areas and walk-through aviaries including a giant dome aviary.
The not-for-profit wildlife and conservation centre displays Kiwi birds all day in specialised moonlit nocturnal houses complete with burrow cameras. And it breeds rare native New Zealand wildlife for release to the wild.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Zealong Tea Estate, 495 Gordonton Road, Gordonton 3281, New Zealand
Experience New Zealand's only commercial tea estate, producing 100% organic world class tea at the Zealong Tea Estate.
Zealong is the only commercial tea estate in NZ producing 100% organic award winning tea.
Embark on a tea-infused culinary journey or explore the fascinating world of tea with our Discover Zealong Tea Experience. Relax over a high tea at the Zealong Tea House, sample our tea or take something home with you from our retail boutique.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please let us know where you want us to pick you up.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/4/2020 - 10/30/2021
10/31/2021 - 7/24/2022
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 AM Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.