Private Tour Half Day Queenstown and Beyond Photography Tour
This is your chance to photograph one of the most spectacular and majestic places on Earth; Queenstown and the Southern Lakes. This half-day private photography tour will take you to the iconic locations you see in brochures as well as those special spots only a local would know, to explore and capture the beauty and splendor for yourself.This tour is designed for photography enthusiasts and your guide is a passionate landscape photographer, with years of local knowledge. Enjoy 4-5 hours of visiting some of the most interesting and beautiful destinations close to Queenstown. Your expert guide will help you with creative advice and show you how to get the most from your camera. The weather in this amazing region is constantly changing bringing many moods that to the mountains, lakes, rivers and forests. Whatever the conditions we always know where to take you to and how to capture unique scenes of outstanding natural beauty.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour for small-groups or individuals
- Flexible itinerary
- Advice on creative composition and using your camera
- Local photographer guide
- Comfortable 4WD
- Light refreshments
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Your private half-day tour starts with a pickup from your, Queenstown, Frankton or Arrowtown accommodation. Head straight out to a high vantage point above Queenstown, where you will gain a great overview of Queenstown, the great Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables Range. This is a chance for your guide to get to know you and your photography level. Discuss destination options, your preferences, the weather and light and pick a direction to head for the day.
You might have a bucket list of places and sights you would like to capture or a theme you would like to follow. Maybe you want to explore old buildings and the gold mining heritage of Queenstown and Central Otago, check out vineyards in the Gibbston Valley, capture amazing vistas from the highest points or get in close to a wild river or a mossy beech forest. Of course you can always leave the itinerary up to your guide. He'll know where to find views that will take your breath away.
From our high vantage point we head out of Queenstown in one of four directions based on your preferences. You can head West toward Glenorchy, seeing waterfalls, great views of Lake Wakatipu, Moke Lake, gold mining, transport and farming history. Much of Lord of the rings was filmed in this region.
Go East for Arrowtown, the Crown Range, Gibbston Valley and rugged Kawarau Gorge - heritage, vineyards, expansive views, gold mining.
You can travel upward toward Coronet Peak and Skippers Canyon, exploring gold mining heritage, expansive views, alpine tussock landscapes and craggy, rugged, vertiginous Skippers Canyon road.
Or go South takes us toward Kingston along Lake Wakatipu and base of The Remarkables Range, taking vistas of mountains, waterfalls, an old steam train, and peaceful lakefront.
Whichever direction we take, your guide will take you to the best spots for capturing the splendor and magnificence. You will be mentored with advice on finding great shots, creative composition and exposure to help you capture the majesty and beauty. Coffee, tea and cookies are on-board for when you are peckish.
You can enjoy this day alone or with a small group of friends. Choose between either morning or afternoon options. The morning option may allow you to leave a bit earlier to catch the sunrise, the afternoon option may allow you to stay a little longer to catch the sunset (please advise on booking).
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can arrange pickup outside of the Queenstown, Frankton Arrowtown area. This may change the itinerary of the tour depending on the location.Airports
- Frankton Airport, Queenstown New Zealand
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.