Puketi Rainforest Guided Walks .This is not a Shore Excursion product .
Experience New Zealand's natural beauty up-close and first-hand on a guided walk through the Puketi rainforest. Walk among towering kauri trees, see rare bird and plant species, and stroll beside thundering waterfalls. Led by an experienced local guide, and with tour numbers limited to six people, enjoy a personalized experience on this rainforest walk, with a choice of half-day, full-day and night-time walks.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Morning and /or afternoon tea (If day tour options selected)
- Lunch(If full day tour option selected)
- Professional guide
- Head lamp for night walk
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puketi Nature Trail, Puketi Kauri Forest, Kerikeri New Zealand
Join your knowledgeable local guide on a walk through the Puketi forest. Gain fascinating insights into New Zealand's subtropical flora and fauna as you walk among towering kauri trees, the world’s second largest tree, found only in the country’s North Island.
On the half and full-day walks, keep an eye out for the rainforest's rare endemic birds and subtropical plant species. Hear stories from European colonial history, enjoy views including two of the largest kauri in New Zealand.
See conservation at work, and find out how the forest evolved from young, to mature and established trees. Learn some of the trees' natives names and understand the ecology and mystery behind the kauri tree.
On the exciting two- to three-hour night-time walk, watch as the forest comes alive as daylight turns to evening. Listen as bird calls change from day to night, see bats flying overhead and feeding on insects, and keep a lookout for the rare nocturnal kiwi bird, New Zealand's national symbol.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :476 Puketi Road, Okaihau 0475, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (Full day tour if option selected)
- Medium fitness level required on half day walk, higher level of fitness required on full day walk.
- Please bring good walking shoes, sunscreen, hat and day pack.
- NIGHT WALK - Depart times vary, please confirm at time of booking.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.