Queenstown Shotover River White Water Rafting
Join Go Orange on the iconic Shotover River for a whitewater rapid adventure. Boasting 4 brand new departures daily at unsurpassed prices during summer. Our world class guides are second to none, always going the extra mile to make your trip one to remember forever.
Start with an unforgettable coach trip through Skippers Canyon, famous for it's exciting cliff edges, enough to get your adrenaline pumping before we hit the water.
Experience grade 3–5 whitewater rapids in one of the most scenic environments in the world. The rapids can change on a daily basis, but be assured our guides are expertly trained and have a keen sense of adventure. They will guide you through canyons, navigate the rapids and the famous 170m Oxenbridge tunnel to finish.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Shuttle bus from our Queenstown store to the Rafting Base
- Full wetsuit, rafting clothing and all safety equipment
- Extensive safety briefing
- 4WD Transfer to Deep Creek via Skippers Canyon Road (unless helicopter upgrade is chosen)
- Rafting on the Shotover River
- Hot showers at Rafting Base
- Return shuttle to downtown Queenstown
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
After meeting the coach driver, you will travel the short distance from town to
Rafting Base where rafting clothing including wetsuit, life jacket, spray jacket and helmet will be issued. Then enjoy a 40 minute journey along the historic Skippers Road begins, which is one of the Top 10 most dangerous roads in NZ.
The upper section of the Shotover River gives you time to practice your paddle techniques before hitting the white water of the lower canyon.
Paddle numerous rapids such as After Shock, Jaws, Toilet and Sequel during the 1.45 - 2 hrs of river time.
You are then plunged into darkness as you negotiate the 170m long Oxenbridge Tunnel before bursting into Cascade Rapid to complete the adventure.
A short walk brings you back to Rafting Base where there are hot showers prior to a return transfer to Queenstown.
• Lower Shotover, Lower Shotover, Queenstown, Otago Region, South Island
• Queenstown, Queenstown, Otago Region, South Island
Departure Point :37 Camp Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Water confidence is essential
- Rafting while pregnant is prohibited
- Rafting with any heart condition is prohibited
- Minimum weight 40kg
- Maximum weight 120kg
- Minimum age is 13 years. Children aged between 13 and 15 years must be accompanied by a guardian
- All travelers between the age of 15 and 17 years require a waiver to be signed by a guardian if they are unaccompanied
- You must bring a swimsuit and towel
- Helicopter portion requires minimum numbers to be able to operate. If these numbers are not met you will be offered a transfer to the drive raft with a partial refund
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Government regulations strictly adhered to. Covid-19 QR code available, or paper-trail for contact tracing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.