Remutaka Rail Trail & Martinborough Vineyard Explorer Cycle Tour
Discover the Remutaka Ranges' rich rail history & natural beauty on a morning cycle adventure, before heading to Martinborough for an indulgent afternoon of vineyard cruising and wine-tasting. 18km of easy/moderate riding.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 9am pick up from your accommodation in Wellington
- Comfortable and capable mountain bike / electric bike (eBike)
- Helmet and repair kit
- Rear carrier rack and trunk bag for your personal effects
- Packed lunch, water, and snacks
- First Aid kit and GPS tracker in case of emergency
- Shuttle from Cross Creek (12.00pm) to Martinborough (12.30pm)
- Shuttle from Martinborough (6.00pm) back to Wellington
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Excludes on-trail guide - our friendly staff will brief you and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is really easy to follow and full of information stations, so a guide isn't really necessary.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wellington, Wellington, Greater Wellington, North Island
We'll pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Hutt Valley & shuttle you to the start point of the trail
Stop At: Remutaka Rail Trail, Unnamed Road, Rimutaka Hill, Upper Hutt 5372, New Zealand
Start your adventure with a very gradual incline through native bush. Pass through tunnels (headlights provided!) and over bridges, while checking out information boards detailing the enormous task of constructing the old fell railway system. Reach the summit - a large grassy plateau perfect for a picnic or cold drink - then enjoy a fun (but easily controllable!) descent to Cross Creek in the Wairarapa, surrounded by some of NZ's most scenic farmland.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Wairarapa, Wairarapa, Greater Wellington, North Island
We'll pick you up at Cross Creek in the Wairarapa and shuttle you to Martinborough.
Stop At: Martinborough, Martinborough, Wairarapa, Greater Wellington, North Island
Spend the afternoon cruising the many vineyards and sampling the fantastic wines on offer in the delightful town of Martinborough. We'll then shuttle you back to Wellington at 6pm.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Lower HuttAirports
- Wellington Intl Airport, Wellington New Zealand
- CentrePort Wellington, 1 Hinemoa Street, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please provide the following at time of booking, so we can make sure your day goes smoothly:
- Info regarding your dietary requirements - eg "no seafood please", "gluten free", "vegetarian"
- Your approximate height (for bike sizing) - inches or cm are fine.
- The address that you would like our shuttle to pick you up from at 9am - anywhere in Wellington or the Hutt Valley is fine
- Trips are subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund at your discretion.
- Minimum age is 18
- Maximum of 11 people per booking
- Please wear appropriate clothing for outdoor activity. During the warmer months, this means shorts and a t-shirt for riding, and a light jacket in reserve. During the colder months you may prefer long pants or tights (nothing baggy that may catch on the bike!), with a tshirt, fleece and light jacket in reserve. Closed shoes - running shoes are perfect - must be worn at all times.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.