Rescue Diver Course
Do you know how to rescue somebody? What are you going to do if it is you who needs to respond? If you are an advanced diver then the next step is to become a rescue diver. Take a look at our 2 day courses & learn how to look after others.
The Rescue Diver Course is designed to develop your knowledge and necessary skills to effectively perform diver rescues and assist and administer necessary first aid. You will learn skills such as how to perform self rescues, buddy rescues, recognize and calm potential panic divers, administer proper first aid to divers that have experienced dive related injuries, conduct effective search patterns and manage accident scenes.
per adult from
What's included :
- Full Gear Hire
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from dive sites
The rescue certification course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills for an individual to effectively perform diver rescues and assists, and administer necessary first aid.
You will cover all of the following and more!
Prevention and causes of diving accidents; Stress and psychological factors; Physical conditioning; Surface drowning syndrome; Diving lifesaving; Self rescue; Diver assists; Surface and underwater rescues; Types of transports; In-water artificial respiration; Boat and shore exit techniques; Diver first aid; Review of oxygen administration and Hyperbaric injuries and management.
1. Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent 2. Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen (O2) provider (where local law permits) certification* 3. Provide proof of Advanced Diver certification, or equivalent, or open water diver certification and 40 logged open water dives.
• New Zealand Diving, 22 Whitaker Road Unit 2, 9/23 Morrison Drive, Warkworth, Auckland 0910 New Zealand
Departure Point :9/23 Morrison Drive, Warkworth 0910, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Evidence of advanced diver certification is required from all divers wishing to participate
- Evidence of 40 logged dives is required from all divers wishing to participate
- Evidence of First Aid certification is required from all divers wishing to participate
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.