River Valley Stables - Harmony With Horses, Half Day Horsemanship & Trek
Learn how we train our horses using natural horsemanship techniques, and why we ride our horses bit-less and barefoot. This experience is suitable for riders of all abilities, and even if you have ridden before you can still learn a lot from this different style of riding.
Then, explore the beautiful back country of New Zealand as you ride over hills and across private farmland.
per adult from
What's included :
- GEAR PROVIDED - Riding Boots, helmet, Riding chaps, and long oilskin riding coats for changeable weather.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
Harmony With Horses is a half day horse riding adventure; combining a challenge packed natural horsemanship session, followed by a freestyle ride over the spectacular Rangitikei hill country which is suitable for all abilities.
We start with building a trusting relationship between you and your horse. It does not matter if you are new to horses or they have been a part of your life forever. We work with you at the level you need to be working at.
Next we take you and your horse, who is now your partner, out into the beautiful country side of River Valley. Here you will have the opportunity to try everything you learn’t beforehand. You will be riding over the hills, taking in the spectacular scenery, and if you are up for it, cantering through the fields.
• River Valley Adventures, 266 Mangahoata Road, Taihape 4792 New Zealand
Departure Point :River Valley Lodge, Mangahoata Road, Pukeokahu 4792, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WHAT TO BRING - Long pants, warm top on cooler days, sunscreen
- Minimum age is usually 13, however we can sometimes make an exception for younger advanced riders - please contact us to check first.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- On public holidays we need a minimum of 2 riders to run this activity
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.