Rotorua Eco Thermal Wonderland Small Group Morning Tour Wai O Tapu Lady Knox Geyser Hot Mud
On This All Inclusive Small Group Morning Tour, You Will Visit Wai 'O' Tapu Geothermal Wonderland - infamous Lady Knox Geyser - Hot Bubbling Mud! The Largest mud pool in New Zealand.
Lady Knox Geyser provides a unique opportunity to see an eruption to heights of 10 to 20 metres, in a natural amphitheatre, with full guided commentary on both the geyser and the history of the area. After which Discover Wai-o-tapu ! New Zealand’s most colourful volcanic area with the opportunity to experience a geothermal wonderland of volcanic activity, thousands of years in the making. Be amazed at the largest mud pool in New Zealand, it was originally the site of a large mud volcano which was destroyed through erosion in the 1920’s.
We pick you up from your Rotorua Hotels or accomodation including Airbnb!
A truly incredible morning tour and must to do for all visitors travelling to New Zealand!
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- This tour operates as a small group tour: which allows for a more personal and flexible, enjoyable day rather than large coach tours!
Your day trip starts with pickup by 2017/2018 air conditioned minivan in Rotorua, then travels south through farmland and forests on a 20-minute drive to Wai-O-Tapu, the North Island’s geothermal wonderland.
Wai-O-Tapu is considered to be New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal sightseeing attraction. You are introduced to a uniquely different natural landscape – the key to what you see lies below the surface – one of the most extensive geothermal systems in New Zealand.
Clearly defined tracks provide you with the opportunity to enjoy the diversity of this area through a series of different walks, taking from 30 to 75 minutes. Each with their own unique volcanic vistas to fascinate all ages. The nature of the reserve being an active volcanic area with undulating terrain.
Get an overview of the area from the lookout point, then set your own pace over marked walking trails as you meander past vividly coloured hot pools, volcanic craters and steaming fissures in the geothermal park. Admire the New Zealand bush along the walkways, where display panels inform you about the thermal activity you see. Consult your complimentary full-colour guide-map for further details about the natural wonders.
This tour allows you to experience an attraction like no other!
You will be given plenty of time at the venue, this suits walkers of all abilities allowing time to take in the all of the area.
There is the opportunity to enjoy lunch, a spot of souvenir shopping along with photographic opportunities.
Departure Point :You Accomodation
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.