Rotorua Geothermal Geyser Tour and Kiwi Fruit Orchard Themed Cart Ride
On this tour you will visit two top attractions in just one day.
Entrance and Official Maori Guide in Te Whakarewarewa Valley, and a corn on the cob, cooked in a boiling spring pool
Kiwifruit Orchard Cart guided ride/tour, plus a complementary kiwi fruit ice cream.
1. A geothermal wonderland (including pohutu the largest geyser in the southern hemisphere), boiling hot pools, bubbling mud, Maori wood carvings and cultural show with song and dance including the world famous Haka.
2. Jump onboard a themed kiwifruit cart & enjoy a guided 45 minute journey through the orchards, learn the history and experience this wonder fruit with taste testing of the different varieties, jams, juices,
You will be picked up directly from your accommodation in Rotorua in one of our modern small group minivans, being a small group allows us to move about more flexibly & efficiently and enjoy a more personal and friendly tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Kiwi fruit Guided cart tour ride included
- Offical Maori guide included
- Professional Kiwi fruit guide included
- Driver/Tour escort/host
- Hotel/Accommodation pickup and drop-off in Rotorua
- Transport by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food tasting
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Discover a truly special day to remember and experience the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua, then jump onboard a themed kiwi fruit cart and take a 45 minuet ride through the lush kiwi fruit orchards.
In Rotura, your friendly guide – a local Maori descendant of early Maori guides who have shaped tourism in New Zealand for generations – will take you on a tour and experience an authentic village where people live daily using the natural geothermal resources to cook, bathe and heat their homes. Then walk around a strange and unforgiving landscape and journey where history, culture, and nature collide; where local Maori’s showcase their vibrant Maori culture in a performance of dance and song - a show not to be missed! Even the architecture tells a story with Maori carvings and structures that hold deep cultural significance's. You will see large mud pools, steam vents, boiling pools and geysers including the largest in the southern hemisphere. Learn how the residents utilize and respect the ever-changing forces beneath their land.
Whilst being guided on your tour, you will receive a complimentary corn on the cob/maize cooked before your eyes from the boiling geothermal pool.
After leaving Rotorua, we will head to Te Puke - a suburb of Tauranga - where you will have the opportunity to visit a working kiwi fruit orchard. You will be taken on 45 minute guided tour onboard a themed kiwi fruit cart, where you will have the opportunity to see the fuzzy little fruit growing while learning a little knowledge about why this fruit thrives here! You have the chance to walk under the vines and get up close to the growing fruit. Learn how this wondrous fruit became established here in New Zealand which, surprisingly, it's not a native plant but an interesting story explains all! This is a stunning opportunity for photographs! At the end of your tour you will be invited to taste-test different varieties of this fruit plus jams, juices, and much more.
Also included in the tour, you will be treated to a complementary local homemade kiwi fruit ice cream, perfect for a hot summer day.
Upon leaving the orchard we make our way back to your accommodation in Rotorua.
Departure Point :Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Free corn on the cob/maize, which has been cooked right before your eyes in the geothermal waters
- Free Kiwi fruit ice cream, which has been made on the orchards premises (not sold in shops).
- This tour provides only fully guided tours that always include entrance fees and transportation!
- Offical tour guides for both venues
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund!
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.