Rotorua Highlights Small Group Tour including Wai-O-Tapu from Auckland
Experience the world-famous geothermal wonders of Wai-O-Tapu (rated one of the most surreal places on earth) plus the stunning city of Rotorua and its famous sights, all in one day. Our tours are run in small groups with a maximum of 11 people, in modern minibuses, specially built to enhance your tour experience. On board we have amazing guides who are passionate about New Zealand and the attractions you are visiting, and who always have a lot of stories and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all of our tour vehicles bring the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journey that makes our tours special.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided small group return tour from Auckland (maximum 11 passengers)
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specific central Auckland hotels only)
- Rotorua City Highlights Tour
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Transport in modern and comfortable minibuses
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the city’s top highlights.
Pass By: Waikato Region, Waikato Region, North Island
Be driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to your next attraction. During the trip you will encounter stunning scenery, might rivers, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way.
Stop At: Tirau, Tirau, Waikato Region, North Island
Famously dubbed the 'Corrugated Capital of the World' because of the many unique Corrugated Iron sculptures and building this town never fails to get a look and a laugh. Our guides will point out all the main highlights on the way through.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Experience a fully guided tour of Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland. Considered one of the most surreal places on earth, here you will see the famous Champagne Lake, Devil's bath, local mud-pools, geothermal craters and other geothermal wonders. The colours and activity will take your breath away.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Blue Baths, Government Gardens 1 Queens Drive, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Pass the historical Blue Baths and Racheal Spring as part of the city highly portion of your tour. The Blue Baths was one of New Zealand’s first commercial geothermal baths feed to this day by the boiling waters of the Racheal Spring.
Stop At: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
Meaning lake number two in Maori Lake Rotorua is not an ordinary lake but in fact a Caldera (volcanic crater) that still has signs of geothermal activity in many parts making it a very popular attraction. During your city highlights portion of you tour the guide will show you the best spots at the lake and explain some of its stories.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Government Gardens, Queens Dr 9 Queens Dr, Rotorua New Zealand
Government Gardens is home to the architectural wonder of Rotorua Museum, beautiful rose gardens, The Blue Baths, Rachael Spring and public recreational areas. This area is a favourite of tourists and locals alike. As part of the City Highlights portion of your tour you will be taken through the Government Gardens while our guide points out the top attractions.
Stop At: Rotorua, Rotorua, Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
Rotorua is famous for its geothermal activity and beautiful gardens. Depending if you have chosen 1 or 2 activities there may be some extra free time to explore on your own. Maybe checkout sulphur point or eats street.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Taupiri, Taupiri, Waikato Region, North Island
Driving through more amazing countryside we pass many sites of cultural significance including local Maori burial sites, cultural totem pole, important/ mighty rivers and many more animals.
Pass By: Huntly, Huntly, Waikato Region, North Island
Huntly sitting in the banks of our largest and most important river is now a quiet town but once famous for mining. It's claim to fame these days is New Zealand's large thermal power station that is capable of producing 30% of the country’s electricity needs.
Stop At: Pokeno, Pokeno, North Island
Time dependent we stop to enjoy a New Zealand Tip Top Ice Cream (local favourite) you will require cash for the Ice Cream shop if you would like one.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria ParkGroup 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Celestion Apartment Hotel, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, SO/AucklandGroup 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, SkyCity hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA HostelGroup 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland city, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland city (Hobson Street), Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments, YHA Auckland City BackpackersPassengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20 - 30 minutes after the tour start time.Ports
- Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek, 10 Tom Pearce Drive)
- Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- • Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and weather appropriate clothing.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.