Rotorua Maori Hangi Dinner and Performance
Complete your adventure through Rotorua with a traditional Maori "hangi" feast. You'll travel by coach to Tamaki Maori Village where your local guide will escort you on a cultural journey to the "marae" (Maori village), the life force of New Zealand's indigenous people. Take the opportunity to engage in an evening of local customs including a traditional Maori dinner feast.
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Maori Cultural Performance in Traditional Meeting House
- Traditional Hangi Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Tamaki Maori Village
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tamaki Maori Village, 1220 Hinemaru St, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Your journey through time unfolds when your coach travels to a pre-European village set deep within the forest, 15 minutes from Rotorua. Let this 3.5-hour tour and your imagination take over as your guide instructs you on the protocol for visiting the marae. A chief is selected, a song is learnt and the eerie cry of the welcome is heard before you enter the world of the proud warriors of the ancient Maori.
You will experience the powhiri (welcome ceremony) before you enter the village, with crackling open fires in front of traditional whare (houses). You'll hear traditional Maori instruments and watch the daily activities of days gone by. In the wharenui (meeting house), a Rangiatea culture group offers a powerful display of haka song and dance. Then, as new friendships are forged, dine on a traditional hangi feast, where the food is cooked slowly beneath the ground in earth ovens.
This is an amazing re-enactment based on actual events from history, with real characters, traditional arts and crafts, powerful song and dance while enjoying an authentic Hangi feast.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :1220 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Camera and Video usage is permitted throughout the entire evening experience.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our team may choose not to have physical contact with our visitors while on tour, this includes shaking hands, and any handling of visitor’s personal belongings (e.g cameras, phones) during tours. We will continue to review these practices and take advice from the New Zealand Government and industry
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.