Rotorua Small Group Tour: Wai-O-Tapu, Lady Knox Geyser and Rainbow Springs
Visit 2 of New Zealand's most popular attractions - A full-day small group tour from Rotorua.
Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland is a spectacular showcase of New Zealand’s most colourful and unique geothermal elements sculpted by thousands of years of volcanic activity. Sculptured out of volcanic activity and thousands of years in the making, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland is considered to be New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal sightseeing attraction. Visit the Lady Knox Geyser which erupts daily with heights of 10 to 20 metres and see the largest mud pool in New Zealand.
Next we make our way to Rainbow Springs where the magic of New Zealand’s wildlife comes together in one incredible place. From birds that can’t fly to reptiles that walked with dinosaurs, you will get to meet, feed and be entertained by the amazing residents. Then jump onboard the Big Splash a water log flume ride or let the kids have fun in the adventure playground.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop off in Rotorua
- Official Professional driver/guide
- Transport by 2017/18 air-conditioned Luxury minivan
What's excluded :
- Lunch is not Included
- We pick up from your hotel or place of accommodation (including Airbnb)
Transport is in a small 2016/17 luxury vehicle, (no large groups or coaches)
This tour operates as a small group tour: which allows a more flexible, enjoyable day rather than large coach tours! With pick up from Rotorua accommodation in the morning, taking you to the first venue the Lady Knox Geyser!
Each morning Lady Knox Geyser erupts and here there is the opportunity to learn the history and mechanics of the Lady Knox Geyser during a presentation by an informed guide in a natural amphitheater.
It provides a unique opportunity to see a geyser in eruption to heights of 10 to 20 meters.
After which a short journey to Wia-o-tapu geothermal wonderland to experience volcanic activity, thousands of years in the making. Wai-O-Tapu is considered to be New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal sightseeing attraction. You are introduced to a uniquely different natural landscape – the key to what you see lies below the surface – one of the most extensive geothermal systems in New Zealand. Clearly defined tracks provide the you with the opportunity to enjoy the diversity of this area through a series of different walks taking from 30 to 75 minutes or more, each with their own unique volcanic vistas to fascinate all ages.The nature of the reserve being an active volcanic area with undulating terrain.
There is the opportunity to enjoy lunch here along with photographic opportunities.
Rainbow Springs is the perfect place for families to explore and get up close to birds, bugs, fish and beasts. Set amongst the native trees and beautiful forests of Rotorua, Rainbow Springs Nature Park offers a fun-packed and educational experience for the whole family. Each day a team of experts run special encounter which allow you to get closer than ever to some of the favourite park residents including trout, reptiles and native birds. Walk into our canopy aviary and watch the birds being fed!! Watch the natural ground foraging behaviour of the kākāriki , Kiwi, Kaka, Weka, Kea and Morepork hear our tui sing and see our huge kereru up close. As you walk around this native park you will come across Water Dragons, Blue Tongued Lizards, Geckos and Tuataras. Jump onboard the Big Splash a water log flume ride or let the kids have fun in the adventure playground.
All of this with your own Driver/guide in a 2016/17 luxury small mini/van/vehicle.
A truly special day of discovery, wonder and laughter to remember Rotorua
Departure Point :Please be in the Hotel Lobby between 8.45am - 9.15am!If Air-bnb or private residence, please be at the entrance to the property to assist the driver to recognise which property you are staying at!
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Same as pick-up location
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Please note this is a shared small group day tour experience!
- Your driver guide will be with you to guide you throughout the day.
- This is not a coach hop on hop off service!
- Please be in the hotel lobby at the time allocated for pick-up
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund!
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.